tail of the dragon spring meet 2016?

I live in Fayetteville NC so I am not to far away. I would have to coordinate with my work a month ahead of time.

Edited the thread title to include "spring".....so as to not confuse anyone with the regular yearly meet.

I should be able to do one in March, certainly can't in April because of Chump.

If not a tail of the Dragon run. Maybe a beach trip? Maybe OBX? Late spring? Like right before the season opens. Just a thought

When people go to the dragon where do they normally stay? I am down anytime in March April I really wanted to go in May but I have to deploy in May June time frame.

Usually everyone stays at Fontana Lodge but if you have a couple people going, maybe Tapoco Lodge could be a better option. They have way nicer rooms/cabins and are supposedly getting wi-if in the entire property.

A cheaper option would be the Microtel in robbinsville.

I was thinking this might make a nice test run for Tapoco. Long weekend with a cabin there wouldn't be too costly.

Fontana does have the cheaper rooms if you want a place all to yourself but I have to say I personally think their lodge rooms are terrible. Place needs a major renovation and the beds are hard as heck!

If we're doing a 9th gen Tail of the Dragon, I'll definitely be there! I've been wanting to run that forever!

If we're doing a 9th gen Tail of the Dragon, I'll definitely be there! I've been wanting to run that forever!

We do a meet up there every September. This is going to be a smaller "spring" meet....

I wish I could do the big one in September but I will be deployed so I will yet again miss another meet. But one of these days I'll make it. But if anyone is interested I am planning on going sometime in March April once I am allowed to take leave. And would like to meet some new people and have an opportunity to take some good pictures and videos.

I wish I could do the big one in September but I will be deployed so I will yet again miss another meet. But one of these days I'll make it. But if anyone is interested I am planning on going sometime in March April once I am allowed to take leave. And would like to meet some new people and have an opportunity to take some good pictures and videos.

What branch of Military?

Thanks for your service:usa:

Back