Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

I think you're going to have issues messing with spring rates. The hfp shocks/springs rates are supposed to compliment each other. If you get different springs or shocks, the rebound and dampening rates may get totally worse. I would give it some time.

Reactions: Tak
It's happened two or three years ago. My closed one opened the door without looking. It's literally cracked it. From time to time, I feel annoyed when I look at it. What I did was to put touch up paint to prevent from getting rusted. I always want to fix it right. What's the cheapest way? ThanksView attachment 56253
I just read this. The best way is to get that whole door painted with blends.

I had my 13 LX on stock Si spring and dampers and my car actually was higher than before.
Your car's wheel gap doesn't look like an SUV and it handles better I say just keep it; you'll be safer on pot holes anyway.
It's actually counter productive to get lowering springs with a low spring ratio since you'll bottom out easier

I think you're going to have issues messing with spring rates. The hfp shocks/springs rates are supposed to compliment each other. If you get different springs or shocks, the rebound and dampening rates may get totally worse. I would give it some time.

I had my 13 LX on stock Si spring and dampers and my car actually was higher than before.
Your car's wheel gap doesn't look like an SUV and it handles better I say just keep it; you'll be safer on pot holes anyway.
It's actually counter productive to get lowering springs with a low spring ratio since you'll bottom out easier

Thanks @webby and @wondermalt

Isn't the HFP shock stiffer that is able to support some soft lowering spring?
Yes, the handling is awesome but my baby isn't enjoying it.
I am trying to see what else I can do to soften the ride while my baby is in the car.
I don't want to deal with issue later on though. My wife will definitely be mad about it in the future.

Any other solution you guys can come up with? I don't really want to return back to stock :(

Perhaps I should change the tires, going from 215 to 225 on a 17?

Thanks

Last edited:
You'd probably have to get the coils route.
I thought that any after market coilover kit is a bit stiff like hfp even it is on the soft setting.

Anyway I will readjust the recline setting on the baby car seat and give him a week to see. Otherwise my friends suggest the following

1. Return the stock completely, or
2. Get a soft lowering spring like Eibach pro and install it along the stock shock, and sell out the hfp kit, or
3. Get a second daily driver quick. It has to be a soft ride like Camry or Odyssey LOL

My friends say, "That tells you modded civic or civic SI isn't a family oriented car. For family purpose, it has to be something else."

Last edited:
pro kit

front
OE rate: 29 N/mm (165 lbs/in)
OE non-Si rate: 23 N/mm (131 lbs/in)
PRO-KIT progressive rate: 25 - 35 N/mm (143 - 200 lbs/in)

rear
OE rate: 44 N/mm (251 lbs/in)
OE non-Si rate: 32 N/mm (185 lbs/in)
PRO-KIT progressive rate: 20 - 50 N/mm (114 - 285 lbs/in)

sportlines -

front
OE Si rate: 29 N/mm (165 lbs/in)
SPORTLINE rate: 20-38-61 N/mm (114-216-347 lbs/in)

REAR:
OE Si rate:
44 N/mm (251 lbs/in)
OE non-Si rate: 32 N/mm (185 lbs/in)
SPORTLINE rate: 17-54-74 N/mm (97-308-422 lbs/in)

Try putting something under his car seat to soften the ride for him? Like a big piece of 2" memory foam?

maybe @Dom79 can check the wheel gap on his car if he isn't on aftermarket springs/coilovers? He's looking to see the space in inches or whatever between the tire and the fender on the front and back of a stock civic.

@webby do you guys still need a measurement? I have a bone stock EX-L with 16's

let me know

Here you go, Stock 2013 EX-L. Keep in mind shes got around 39k on the odo. The struts and tires are original so i'm sure they've settled and worn down a bit. I laid a small metal ruler across the top of the tire to try and get an accurate measurement. Hope that helps.

26uAGbg.jpg
r8UNAOW.jpg

Thanks @Dom79

Guys. After about 10 days of Si HFP installation on a 2012 R18 Sedan, it is definitely lower than stock comparing to others with stock suspension.

This is the front. But the measurement on left and right is slightly different. One side is settled at 2" while the other side is settled less than 2".
WP_20170803_006.jpg

This is the rear
WP_20170803_005.jpg

Side view
WP_20170731_003.jpg

Unfortunately there is no improvement on my baby's comfort riding in my car.

When I am on the highway, he tends to sit tight and doesn't move where in the past he was trying to "get up" and look around.

However, he's better in local streets. Once I got off from highway, he's started getting up, looking around, and more talkative.

Some say to give him sometimes to adjust.

As a parent myself, he is my priority. I will return the suspension back to stock shortly.

But I am looking into other suspension options in the near future where I can balance both worlds. Who knows if I would get a 9th Gen Si with this suspension kit? LOL

Thank you all

Have a great day

Last edited:
Forgive me if it's already been mentioned in this post but have you considered Eibach Sportlines?

I had them along with Koni struts on my 91 Celica (I know... completely different car) and they were awesome. The stance was nice and the ride quality was very comfortable. It also handled super nice. Not sure if they even make them for your car but look into em.

Forgive me if it's already been mentioned in this post but have you considered Eibach Sportlines?

I had them along with Koni struts on my 91 Celica (I know... completely different car) and they were awesome. The stance was nice and the ride quality was very comfortable. It also handled super nice. Not sure if they even make them for your car but look into em.
Thank you bro.
Yes I did look into them.
Some suggest that I pair the Eibach pro kit lowering spring with koni strut as well.
I shall contact Chris from red motor sport shortly for his recommendations.

I've always been a fan of Koni. They make quality struts. iirc you don't need to replace the struts with the pro kit but with the Sportlines it's recommended. The Sportlines will definitely give a more aggressive stance.

I spoke with Chris via email today.
He recommends Tein lowering spring pairing with truhart shock. It should be a smoother ride than hfp. The hfp is more for handling improvement while the Tein lowering spring with truhart shock is greater on comfort.

Koni isn't made for my model, he said.

What do you guys think about this setup?

I've heard good things about the truhart shocks. I plan on getting them to compliment my truhart lowering springs when it comes time to replace the factory shocks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've heard good things about the truhart shocks. I plan on getting them to compliment my truhart lowering springs when it comes time to replace the factory shocks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
One of my friends and a member here said the discomfort for my baby is due to the rear shock of hfp, the damper ratio causes the harsh ride in the back. I kinda agree with them after looking up from red motor.

I'm trying to see if I can find any information

tein - SKHC8-AUB00

235 lbs/in front
297 lbs/in rear

1.4" front drop
1" rear drop

///////////////////////
front

rear

I think you'll be going back to oem if you try other aftermarket, but what do I know

tein - SKHC8-AUB00

235 lbs/in front
297 lbs/in rear

1.4" front drop
1" rear drop

///////////////////////
front

rear

I think you'll be going back to oem if you try other aftermarket, but what do I know
Yes I agree. I actually push to get a second car as a family daily more quicker.

I was looking into getting the Honda odyssey but I stopped :(
I think that's the best world to balance both :)

Back