Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

It's my fault that I didn't check everything after my car being repaired. I just found that trunk latch under the driver seat won't pop the trunk lid. Only my key fob can. When I open the trunk lid, I don't see anything disconnected. I can also be able to pull the trunk release lever up. So the lever isn't stuck. I can also be able to pop the fuel cap open. So I don't think both latches got problem but the trunk lid itself.

Anything I can check before going back to the shop? Maybe something I can check and fix? Maybe something I need to reseat on reconnect? Or the shop must need to replace something?

Help guys please.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm sure they just didn't get the cable connected. I'd just let them do it.

IMG_7903.jpg

The problem appears to be resolved.

What I did was I turned the lock into lock position (It was definitely in unlock position) then unlock again. I don't know why but it's fixed.

I found that after I lifted the lever to release the trunk lid, if I close the driver's side door harder, the trunk lid is shut itself. Perhaps the trunk lid is heavier than before because of some bondo I assume. Just some minor thing I will now need to be aware of.

Thanks

Last edited:
It looks great. Who's doing the work?
@webby
I will ask his permission first. He's been doing some work for other folks with Honda and he has a website as well.

I will receive the headlights sometime next week. Once I receive it, I will check the quality and will get the hid kit asap.

Thanks

I'm about to order the HID kit. I'm told that the low beam is a mini h1 projector. So I assume I will need h1 kit. But the stock low beam is 9006. So do I need anything like 9006-h1 harness? I'm confused. Please advise. Thanks

Look for a "9006 wire/relay harness". eBay/amazon will have them for like $10 or even less. That will take care of you for wiring.

Order a "h1 hid kit". That will come with hid ballasts which will connect to your wire harness.

I can get you a wiring video or diagram if you're going to plug everything in yourself.

Look for a "9006 wire/relay harness". eBay/amazon will have them for like $10 or even less. That will take care of you for wiring.

Order a "h1 hid kit". That will come with hid ballasts which will connect to your wire harness.

I can get you a wiring video or diagram if you're going to plug everything in yourself.
Hi @webby
Can you please do a quick search about this relay harness? I did search it but come out a lot of information. I don't know which type is good, or which one works or not.

For example, does this work?
https://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-9006-High-Beam-HID-Bi-Xenon-Adapters-p/aa1122.htm

or this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Xenon-C...ash=item4669e9c497:g:Oj8AAOSwM5JZnPDi&vxp=mtr

But the 2nd one comes with fuses and extra grounding wires, etc.

That's why I am unsure which one to get though.
Thanks,

Last edited:
2nd link you posted is what you want. If I bought one I'd go with one like this linked below. It has a closed case around the fuse. I think it's a better option for trying to keep water/weather out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-HID-C...ash=item3f4c9c0933:g:oiwAAOSwgkRVUi59&vxp=mtr

Whatever you buy, I'd weatherproof it. You'll avoid having to replace the harness/fuses and tear the bumper off when you have issues. It's a matter of time before it happens. I've had it happen myself. After I weatherproofed some, I've not had a single issue in years.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hid-wiring-harness-weatherproofing.8848/

Quick question.

I accidentally had a windshield fluid dripping inside the spare tires well area. When I discovered, the cap of windshield fluid was damn loose and only half bottle was remaining.

The area of spare tire well was just wet, but it wasn't a swimming pool. I removed the spare tire and used a towel to wipe it. I guess the fluid was drained out in the drain plug? Is that a design in civic?

I recall back in the day where cars got the water leak to trunk and it became a pool.

Anyway I see a minor surface rust. Please see the picture. Should I just use a wire brush to brush it off then get a universal silver color touch up paint?
IMG_3344.JPG
Thanks for your help.

Yeah a wire brush and paint would work
I will do that asap.

By the way, how does the drain plug do? Do we need to check if it is clogged periodically? I wasn't aware of this plug though.

Thanks

Last edited:
Finally got the retrofit installed. The low beam is using Opt7 LED H1 bulb on the mini H1 projector as an interim. My friend got extra bulb. I'm so broke now with lots of family bills. Once I got more $, I will replace it with Xenon HID kit.
IMG_3404.JPG IMG_3407.JPG

Last edited:
I expected that bar to be white. Definitely different seeing that in yellow. How are you controlling that light bar? I see it’s both active and inactive with your low beams on?

I expected that bar to be white. Definitely different seeing that in yellow. How are you controlling that light bar? I see it’s both active and inactive with your low beams on?
When turning on the low beam, yes it becomes white. When turning on the turn signal, it blinks in yellow.
I didn't demonstrate while using low beam. I will take a picture at night to see how it looks like.

Back