Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Congrats! My son will be 1 next week! I recommend a rear facing seat and just use a baby mirror to look at him, I think the rear facing seat is safer in case of an accident their body won't go flying foward. Yes the lanch anchor is hidden in the rear part of the car.

Reactions: Tak
Congrats! My son will be 1 next week! I recommend a rear facing seat and just use a baby mirror to look at him, I think the rear facing seat is safer in case of an accident their body won't go flying foward. Yes the lanch anchor is hidden in the rear part of the car.
Thanks @r18-power
Is it fine to install behind the front passenger seat? I'm always told not to do so. Even I installed the baby car seat, I installed it behind the front passenger seat.

I have either the same seat or a similar model for my daughter in the CRV.

You should use rear facing until at least 2 years old. Try to keep it as long as you can. Rear facing is always safer.

As r18 said get a mirror. They look horrible but its great on long drives to check up on them. My daughter sleeps all the time in the car but when she's not it's nice to know. She watches us in the mirror to so it's good for everyone.

The anchors are hidden. Check the manual but everything is there. The base can typically be set for front or forward facing. There is also a level to adjust the recline of the seat.

Your passenger probably won't have much space. Even in the CRV the front seat is compromised. Much closer tot he dash and you need to sit upright.

It's preferred to install in the middle for safety but that isn't practical for most people. I prefer the passenger so that I don't have to load her in the street. Visibility is also better behind the passenger seat.

I have either the same seat or a similar model for my daughter in the CRV.

You should use rear facing until at least 2 years old. Try to keep it as long as you can. Rear facing is always safer.

As r18 said get a mirror. They look horrible but its great on long drives to check up on them. My daughter sleeps all the time in the car but when she's not it's nice to know. She watches us in the mirror to so it's good for everyone.

The anchors are hidden. Check the manual but everything is there. The base can typically be set for front or forward facing. There is also a level to adjust the recline of the seat.

Your passenger probably won't have much space. Even in the CRV the front seat is compromised. Much closer tot he dash and you need to sit upright.
It's preferred to install in the middle for safety but that isn't practical for most people. I prefer the passenger so that I don't have to load her in the street. Visibility is also better behind the passenger seat.

Hi @Twitch

I do have a mirror similar as this one. But I think I will need to get a bigger mirror though after installing the new car seat. My son is getting big now :)

Yes I agree the middle seat is not practical at all. I tried but it was so tough getting in and out. I also chose installing it behind from my driver seat but it looks like I can't see him more clearly though.

Attachments

• Brica-Swing!-Baby-In-Sight-Mirror--pTRU1-23726821dt.jpg
    Brica-Swing!-Baby-In-Sight-Mirror--pTRU1-23726821dt.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 10
Thanks @r18-power
Is it fine to install behind the front passenger seat? I'm always told not to do so. Even I installed the baby car seat, I installed it behind the front passenger seat.

Like @Twitch said, the middle is the best/safest place, that is were I put him but its a pain in the butt to get him specially since my car is lowered, its a little more comfortable when we go in my wife's Mazda cx5.

I received the sickspeed radiator cover cap. I thought it covers on the top of the existing radiator cover. But I am wrong. It doesn't fit. Or I may do it wrong?
Any suggestions?

By the way, I installed the new car seat behind my driver seat. It's very hard to put it in the middle.

Typically there is one or two set screws in the side to hold it on. Do you have pictures?

I checked sickspeeds website and I don't see a compatible cap. The closest thing would be for an ILX but I don't know if the cap matches the Honda equivalent.

Typically there is one or two set screws in the side to hold it on. Do you have pictures?

I checked sickspeeds website and I don't see a compatible cap. The closest thing would be for an ILX but I don't know if the cap matches the Honda equivalent.

I trashed it. And I ordered a buddy club radiator cap rated at 1.3 from @team3d. I will receive it sometimes next week.
I also got a nice looking armrest console cover in black from eBay. That picture show how it looks like when I receive it.
Thanks

Attachments

• armrest.jpg
    armrest.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 25
Battery relocate and swap to a lighter Odyssey PC-680 and an angled SRI.....

Battery relocate and swap to a lighter Odyssey PC-680 and an angled SRI.....
Mmm...
Swap to a lighter odyssey pc-680?
Any information about this?
For SRI, I've been thinking about k&n 69 Sri with TBS. So I don't think I will need to relocate the battery.

Reactions: Nix
This is what I was trying to mention before.
The sickspeed radiator cap cover won't fit.
It appears that the cap cover is too small.
Did I get a wrong one? Or
Is VMS or mugen rep from eBay fit better?

WP_20161109_001.jpg

Last edited:
What does the underside of the black cap look like? Mine was silver not black. The black may already be a cover

What does the underside of the black cap look like? Mine was silver not black. The black may already be a cover
It is just this radiator cap. I just placed the sick speed's cover on the top of it.
Should I remove the piece in black? How does that work though?
WP_20161109_002.jpg

Last edited:
Back