Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Thank you @Twitch for your information.
I thought dropping it causes the camber negative and camber is to correct this negative.
It's good to know that rv6 downpipe works with the stock exhaust pipe. I thought I need the whole catback due to the size of pipe.

Yes the drop will cause negative camber but the stock camber arms can be adjusted. I was able to correct the camber and stay within spec with the stock arms.

nice job Tak, I really like the look of your car, maybe a little lower, but that's only my opinion.... keep it up! I know some will say just get an Si if you want more power, but it uses 40% more fuel to go the same distance, lets face it R18s are all about economy(at the time I bought my 2012 EX, and Si was $7,000CAD"37%" more), but who blames anyone for wanting to squeeze a little more performance out of it... still a lot of bang for the buck! will be getting my flashpro in the next week and ordered a header cat delete, hopefully share some positive thoughts on the whole wat-if.... horsepower costs money, I remember my 1991 mr2 turbo was a whole lotta fun to drive, but it used to drink up literally 50% more fuel than my civic, its just not worth it.. specially considering I'm a granny driver... I feel the 10th gen civic hit the sweet spot for base HP, but at the time of the 9th gens, the economy felt much worse, so there were sacrifices...

Reactions: Tak
nice job Tak, I really like the look of your car, maybe a little lower, but that's only my opinion.... keep it up! I know some will say just get an Si if you want more power, but it uses 40% more fuel to go the same distance, lets face it R18s are all about economy(at the time I bought my 2012 EX, and Si was $7,000CAD"37%" more), but who blames anyone for wanting to squeeze a little more performance out of it... still a lot of bang for the buck! will be getting my flashpro in the next week and ordered a header cat delete, hopefully share some positive thoughts on the whole wat-if.... horsepower costs money, I remember my 1991 mr2 turbo was a whole lotta fun to drive, but it used to drink up literally 50% more fuel than my civic, its just not worth it.. specially considering I'm a granny driver... I feel the 10th gen civic hit the sweet spot for base HP, but at the time of the 9th gens, the economy felt much worse, so there were sacrifices...

Thank you for your compliment. @Ron Flood
I will surely keep it up. I've spent quite lots of time on this car to be at the level where it is now. However, I may have to slow down a bit on my projects due to the family expense now (some unexpected house maintenance, food, my 1 year old son, etc). Plus my wife and I want to look for a used minivan (not even pre-owned) next year or two before my son going to school.

Yes, I agree I want a mild drop on my car. I've been looking for a good suspension set for daily. However, I will have to consider the pot holes and curbs in NYC. They are really bad. One night I drove thru a pot hole 2-3 blocks away my house, it almost busted my rim and tire... That noise really woke my wife up. Nevertheless, the suspension mods will be done after we get the minivan. That's my plan :)

I've been also looking for SRI. What intake do you have on your r18? Will you do get the TBS and down pipe as well?

Yes, I agree that r18 is a economy box. I truly understand this and this is the first reason I bought. Second reason is that I cannot drive sticks for long hours due to 2 bad legs injuries during my college life.
All I want on my r18 is to become a little quicker and accelerate much more faster. I know that it's possible to hit the HP as close as 160 whp. That may be more fun on r18 than si on a economy box.

Cheers :cheerleader:

I did order a cat delete down pipe, my tsudo catback system came with a downpipe as far as downpipes go. I have owned TBS's in the past and never ever noticed any difference, so will not be doing that again. same goes for intakes, just a K&N drop in for me. I did the short ram, exhaust and header with a 7th gen and it really pepped it up, would have loved to have gotten a tune, but that's life. pretty much all I want with my 9th, little more power but keep the fuel economy... you have a sweet little ride, don't let the HP boys make you feel any less, the late 70s most affordable cars had less than 100hp and at best got 35MP(US)G... I did a mildest lowering kit, eibach pro-kit and its almost too low... do it when you can afford it. your civic is good for many more years, everything comes to those who wait. best of luck!

Thank you 9thcivic.com for the pleasant Xmas gift. I'm so happy. No words can describe this surprise and happy feeling.

Thanks everyone and hope you guys will have a wonderful holiday

Regarding the sport pedals, I bought the sport pedals from strutking a month ago. I bolt on the sport brake pedal cover and I had a mechanic to clamp the sport gas pedal cover on the gas pedal than drilling it into. I wanted to test it out before permanently drilling into.

However, during this "trial period", I don't like the sport gas pedal cover. Reason is that it is kind of slippery. The feeling is very unlike the surface with the rubber.
So now I removed the sport gas pedal.

Is there any way to add rubbers with this sport gas pedal or is there other brand with a rubber surface that is not required to drill into?

The picture shows I got the sport brake pedal installed. I didn't use the bolts they came in as they weren't strong enough. Please excuse the dirtiness.
WP_20161207_002.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Bump

:feedback:

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the strut king gas pedal cover more grip? I really want to reinstall it if I can make it more grip than just aluminum surface.
Is there any other brand as an alternative?

How about you guys with Si that the gas pedal is just aluminum ?
For me, I feel like rubber on gas pedal has more grip and won't slip.
It is like sex with or without condom.....

:feedback:

Let's play the guessing game.
Which one do you think I will receive soon? Here are the short ram intake on my wish list.
  1. Secret Weapon R Short Ram intake,
  2. K&N 69-1020TS Air Intake, or
  3. Takeda TR-1020B SRI
:bananasplit::domokundance::pinkdomokundance:

I previously ordered a pair of blinking brake light kits for the brake taillights 7443. However I changed my mind. I wanted the third brake light instead.

Therefore I ordered another set of blinking brake light for the third brake light 7440. It works so well.

Definitely attention getting. If someone rear ends you that be pretty bad with the blinking light.

Definitely attention getting. If someone rear ends you that be pretty bad with the blinking light.
Yes I really like this product.
Many people choose to install them on the brake tail lights bulb size 7443. Especially guys with Si do this because it's hard to run a flasher on third brake light.
For my preference, I prefer the other way. I feel like drivers are getting more attention when s/he sees the third brake light blinking.

Yes I really like this product.
Many people choose to install them on the brake tail lights bulb size 7443. Especially guys with Si do this because it's hard to run a flasher on third brake light.
For my preference, I prefer the other way. I feel like drivers are getting more attention when s/he sees the third brake light blinking.
That's where I installed mine. I personally didn't like the thought of both brake lights blinking.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

That's where I installed mine. I personally didn't like the thought of both brake lights blinking.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Makes sense to me

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

To each his own. I know a couple of dudes with civic like the blinking brake tail lights. A couple of dudes with evo like the blinking forth brake light.

Nevertheless I like the product of blinking brake light. It's for safety reasons which draws more attention than the traditional brake light while braking. It may annoy some tailgaters not to stay closer as well.

Today is awesome. Not only is it going to 2017 soon, but I've got two things done with my friend who is a mechanic. Of course I paid him.

1. Installed Takeda TR-1020B SRI
2. Completed the wiring for the fog lights.

I love to hear it screaming when revving 3K+ rpm. Oh my god. I'm loving it.

Happy holidays and see you guys next year.

Tak

WP_20161230_001.jpgWP_20161230_002.jpg
WP_20161230_004.jpg

Last edited:
Back