Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Sorry about the bumper man. Any chance it's paint transfer from the other car, or is the bumper itself gouged out? The upper parts look like transfer maybe? That may come off with rubbing compound, which you can apply by hand. Do you have any rubbing compound?

Reactions: Tak
Sorry about the bumper man. Any chance it's paint transfer from the other car, or is the bumper itself gouged out? The upper parts look like transfer maybe? That may come off with rubbing compound, which you can apply by hand. Do you have any rubbing compound?
I have scratch x and ultimate compound. But I did use the scratch x this morning quick to get rid of it. When I finish working today, I will try the ultimate compound. If not, I may need to do a touch up paint myself or by a shop.

By the way, how could the paint transfer from another car? Did another really scratch my car?

That sucks man. Im always nervous when I have to commute into the city for work. I had my share of nicks and dings. Part of why I like the dark gray car. It hides those better.

Did you get a new battery? Autozone might just be trying to sell you a new battery. Hard to say honestly. Given the problems you've had I would go for it.
I'm thinking about going to another local Honda dealer to verify the last time. I want to see if the battery is still under the warranty or not by Honda. If not, I may get the one from auto zone and call it done.

Paint transfer happens when the other cars paint rubs off and transfers to your car. So you could have black paint from a black car on top of your paint. It's very common. You probably need something like a light to medium dedicated rubbing compound. You can try ultimate compound, but I don't know that it is quite abrasive enough. Just give it a shot to see what it does for you. If it doesn't come off, and it is paint on top of your surface (not your paint missing from the bumper) you can run to walmart or any auto store and pick up a thing of rubbing compound. Any light/medium compound should be fine like this

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/3M-03900-Rubbing-Compound-oz/dp/B000AR7KVA/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1476719584&sr=1-3&keywords=rubbing+compound

Updates:

I bought the ivtec emblem from eBay. I will install it on the engine cover when it's arrived next week.

No luck with vms racing radiator cover cap. Placed the order but didn't hear from them all. Also sent the customer service email but also nothing. So I just bought the sickspeed radiator cover cap in silver. It's arrived next week.

Went to another auto zone. The guy said the same thing. Battery is indicated as bad on the tester. He also said the battery is low less than 13 after the engine is started which is a sign of bad alternator. But he said replace the battery first to see. I arranged with Honda dealer where I bought the car from this Saturday again to see if I could get a new replacement with the warranty. The guy said it is possible because I replaced the battery about 1&1/2 year ago and car is under 36K miles.

I was able to remove 95% of the paint transfer. Only the edge shows a bit dark. Also found a hairline scratch but very invisible. I will see if I could get the rubbing compound this week.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear VMS didn't work out for you. I might have bought mine on eBay now that I think about it. Anyways good luck with the battery. Sounds like it's time for a new one.

Hello guys,

Where can I get the dead pedal for r18?
I've been trying to source it but no luck.

Also. I went to Honda dealer and am waiting as they got different team on Sunday.

I asked the guy to test the battery.
He asked if you have any LED kits. Your car looks like the fog light is after market too.

Smh.....

Waiting to hear from them soon in an hour.
If not, I'm just going to get the battery from auto zone which is more a car with aftermarket parts friendly shop.

Ruining my Sunday....

I got the dead pedal from @strutking. Not sure if they are still active here. You can find some on eBay and Amazon still.

Reactions: Tak
Hello guys,

My little boy was 1 year old last week. :birthday:

I am replacing the baby car seat with a new Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Car Seat
http://www.gracobaby.com/pages/4ever-car-seat.aspx

For those who have infant or a small child, do you recommend positing it in a rear facing or front facing in the rear seat?

My plan is to install it as rear facing behind the front passenger seat. What do you think?

By the way, where is the lower latch anchor in the rear seat? Is it hidden?

Thanks

Back