Takeda Intake

bill silvis

Latrobe Pa
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
coupe
What do you guys think of the takeda intakes? someone emailed me today and said he one hed trade for my aem cold air havent got any pics of it yet but id like some input on it never dealt with any takeda parts on any car ive worked on.

sounds terrific when hitting 4k on the rpms, which is the result of the lead foot disease. You'll always find yourself smashing the gas to hear it. :tongue:... which also leads to bad mpg. sounds normal when driving casually though.

man i was pretty excited to swap them today, but the kid texted me and said he had an 8th gen @Jeffuhnator. it seems like no one in the pittsburgh area has a 9th si

i was thinking about it but since the weather is nice again ill probably keep it. i had some water issues getting into it under heavy throttle since its been a monsoon here for about 2 weeks. probably just going to order a hydroshield now and see if it works that other filter i got with it saved me haha. i really want to get prls sri soon @Abbz8377

I have the Takeda intake on my LX. Great at high RPMs and nice sound.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the takeda stage 2 intake. I was also looking at the k&n,injen, etc. What would you guys recommend? I want it to give my car a nice sound and significant power, but not sound riced. Any input or suggestions is appreciated

I'm looking at the takeda stage 2 intake. I was also looking at the k&n,injen, etc. What would you guys recommend? I want it to give my car a nice sound and significant power, but not sound riced. Any input or suggestions is appreciated
If you want power, then your only option is a PRL CAI.

Is the PRL CAI a short ram or a Cold air?
Cold Air Intake

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALL OF THEM? IVE NEVER HEARD OF THE PRL INTAKE SYSTEM

The PRL CAI will make more power. The rest will make some noise and make no difference on power...or even lose power over stock. However, there can be some benefit in the realm of improved throttle response.

That intake is like $400+ lol. I'll prob end up getting the takeda stage 2

Power comes at a price. At best, you will be paying just to add some sound to your car by going with the Takeda. At worst, you will lose power. What would you rather pay for? Sound? Less power? More power?

Back