Takeda Intake

@VitViper has said the same thing I did above over and over. He has tuned hundreds of 9th gens and has the dynos to back it up. There are various threads around here that will explain everything. Plus, his site vittuned.com has a blog area with a lot of the testing he has done.

@VitViper has said the same thing I did above over and over. He has tuned hundreds of 9th gens and has the dynos to back it up. There are various threads around here that will explain everything. Plus, his site vittuned.com has a blog area with a lot of the testing he has done.
I'll check it out! I appreciate you getting me in the right places. I'm not getting an injen btw. I just think they are pretty solid with their reputation and was merely creating more talking points. I'm surely not disagreeing about needing FP for the mods. I am just having a difficult time trying to comprehend that absolutely no intakes provide ANY gains without needing to be remapped. Let me ask this then, will a tech know if I have used FP when i take it in for work? It's pretty rediculous how bad people are slamming the K24z7 everywhere I look trying to find info about our 9th Gens. It's erily remenescent of when the k20 started taking over the B series motors. Nobody likes change, I guess.

Appreciations in advance...

arm0 did a before/after on the injen on the same day
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/d...injen-cold-air-intake-dyno-before-after.4467/

We've also had a member hydrolock his motor with the injen intake as well. As far as long term gains without the ecu adjusting over time, I'd go with what vitviper has said. He has the most experience with tuning 9th gens to see what is/isn't working. He's not making any money by telling people what isn't making power.

After researching much further, I see where your statements are aligning with my conclusion for an intake. I appreciate the Injen warning. It definitely isn't their best product for the Si. I'll be going with a k&n seeing how 95% of people I have seen can actually tell results (and good ones at that even if "butt dyno'd"!) Without a tune. Obviously the tune helps, but I'm not going to be there quite yet. Now I'm off to learn about flash pro until that ship sets Sail. Thanks for your input.

After researching much further, I see where your statements are aligning with my conclusion for an intake. I appreciate the Injen warning. It definitely isn't their best product for the Si. I'll be going with a k&n seeing how 95% of people I have seen can actually tell results (and good ones at that even if "butt dyno'd"!) Without a tune. Obviously the tune helps, but I'm not going to be there quite yet. Now I'm off to learn about flash pro until that ship sets Sail. Thanks for your input.

Where are you finding independent dyno tuning results to support your choice?

To your earlier point, there just isn't enough data out there by independents. This is when one just has to make the best well-rounded opinion with what information one has gathered and check out the dyno out for myself.

What do you guys think of the takeda intakes? someone emailed me today and said he one hed trade for my aem cold air havent got any pics of it yet but id like some input on it never dealt with any takeda parts on any car ive worked on.

I bought the Takeda intake for my 2014 Si and I noticed an instant difference! It sounded a little meaner and it felt like it pulled a little harder in vtec.

Back