Teacher Chat Thread...College, Elementary, Middle, and High School

Nothing more fun than sifting through an online test bank. Bad thing is, since all assignments/test/quizzes are done with an online aid, I offer two testing windows. Which means I try to make two different (but similar) tests to combat potential cheating.

Oh yes, I remember my days at University. I would often go to the exam registry and buy every exam that I could find.

Oh yes, I remember my days at University. I would often go to the exam registry and buy every exam that I could find.

A pre-made exam would be nice. I am sorting through about 200 questions per chapter. Four chapters in this test. Two hour time frame. I usually do a first pass to see what questions I could use and then I go back and whittle them down. Quite time consuming.

i take it collaboration was not allowed

took my final today, every question was directly copied from the review questions the prof gave us including the calculations we had to do on the open note sections

i take it collaboration was not allowed

took my final today, every question was directly copied from the review questions the prof gave us including the calculations we had to do on the open note sections

Open book, but to be taken individually.

They all got zeros on the exam. It was 30% of their grade too. If they don't get a C (73%+) in the class, they have to take it again.

They were all crammed around a table in a tiny study room in the library...with a giant glass window. I just walked up to it and waved, enjoyed the look on their faces, popped my head in the door and said: "Congratulations, you all just failed."

They were all crammed around a table in a tiny study room in the library...with a giant glass window. I just walked up to it and waved, enjoyed the look on their faces, popped my head in the door and said: "Congratulations, you all just failed."

:rotfl:

You know, since it was online, that means it was already open book/note. Test was cumulative. Only two new chapters. I told them the new ones were fair game, but I let them know exactly what learning objectives (chapter sections) to focus on and whether or not the questions would be theory or calculations for each section. All questions from previous chapters were taken directly from the previous tests too. All they had to do was put a bit of effort into studying/reviewing.

Chris Christie is such a d-bag. My mom, as well as some if my friends, are getting very stressed out. Christie does not realize how much work teachers do after school hours. He is proposing to increase work hours and lower vacation (which has been lowered a couple of years ago) days for public school teachers. This won't be a progression in the educational system.

I have a huge class this semester. 45 students!

I just put in my request to TA or teach for the summer

Organizing a ski trip of 55 students. Why can't parents read and send in the proper amount of $.
These parents fail.

This will be the last time I teach for a while. Need to time to focus on the CPA exam.

Back