Test pipe / 2nd cat delete

njhustler

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I was browsing Ebay as usual and came across a test pipe for the 9th gen si's. I was considering a downpipe but was held back due to the cost. 500 shipped (catted). This seems to be an alternative to budget minded tuners such as myself. I realize that the gains from this wont be as good as the dp , but I can live with that seeing as this only cost 119 shipped. Ive had test pipes in the past and I know I will see gains from it. It says Tsudo on it but , I doubt its real because I couldnt find this product on their website. Anyway , I am going to install this tomorrow after work and will update after. Here are the pics.
IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0747.JPG IMG_0749.JPG IMG_0750.JPG IMG_0755.JPG

Either way I guess , as long as I get more flow and more go I will be happy.

Hopefully it has the proper structural integrity and wont cause a back flow. Mind posting the link to where you got it, so we can research the origin and authenticity.

Hopefully it has the proper structural integrity and wont cause a back flow. Mind posting the link to where you got it, so we can research the origin and authenticity.
I looked it over and its ok. the welds look ok and the bends are minimal and smooth. I guess I will see tomorrow when I install. I will also take some pics of it installed.

So today after work I get home all excited because I get to install my test pipe. The old one came out and the new one was going in , until SNAP , dammit. I broke the springbolt that attaches the testpipe to the manifold. Unfortunately Honda no longer uses a nut / bolt combo , the nut is welded to the manifold/main cat. **** my life. As much as I didnt want to do it , I had to remove the manifold/ main cat as well and cut / drill out the broken bolt. This turned my 45 min job into a four hour job so far , its dark and I will continue in the morning. Sucks to be me , because dumb stuff like this always happens to me. Nothing can be easy. See pics.
IMG_0765.JPG IMG_0762.JPG IMG_0768.JPG IMG_0769.JPG IMG_0771.JPG

You forgot to use unseize the bolt im assuming, WB-40 for light rust and PB Blast for seized bolts. It was the first lesson I learned as well when working with exhaust system parts, due to the heat and external exposure, the metal tends to bond greater than any other parts on the car. Or did you do something else?

Reactions: Nix
You forgot to use unseize the bolt im assuming, WB-40 for light rust and PB Blast for seized bolts. It was the first lesson I learned as well when working with exhaust system parts, due to the heat and external exposure, the metal tends to bond greater than any other parts on the car. Or did you do something else?
It was on the install that it broke. I think i may have made the ultimate noob mistake and cross threaded the bolt. thankfully after hours of hard work and busted knuckles and scratched hands , the pipe is finally in. She is a slight bit louder. Accelerates a bit better. It also got rid of the popping sound in the factory exhaust. The pipe fit perfectly and had all the gaskets and hardware that was needed.
IMG_0776.JPG IMG_0777.JPG IMG_0779.JPG

Any updates on this after install how is it working so far for you? Any CEL?

I too would like to know if there is a CEL? I saw this on eBay as well and very curious about it as my friends with s2ks have test pipes and they got gains of it, I'm pretty sure it's the same for our cars as well

Any updates on this after install how is it working so far for you? Any CEL?
No CEL , No problems whatsoever. Vtec sounds nicer and the exhaust is a little deeper. So far so good. I drive alot , id say I put on at least 500 miles.

I too would like to know if there is a CEL? I saw this on eBay as well and very curious about it as my friends with s2ks have test pipes and they got gains of it, I'm pretty sure it's the same for our cars as well
On Ebay there seems to be 2 prices. go for the 119 price. Its the one I got , plus its the cheaper one.

Just wondering, still no CEL from this? People with downpipes throw CELs left and right even with a defouler and CEL fixes... Might wanna consider this route because it's way cheaper instead of 3 bills for a downpipe and 7 bills for a flashpro.

They have test pipes for the R18 too out. I wonder if they? would be more likely to make a CEL because they're more of an eco-friendly engine

Back