the engine bay

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
how do you clean it? i never did on my grand am and i looked at the civics today and i wanted to puke it was so dirty. :barf: how do you clean it up?

I spray it with "Bike bright", which is made to clean exposed parts of MC's including rubber/electrics/etc......... Then rinse with low pressure garden hose.

Last edited:
There are other sprays that are made to do the same thing, I think there's something called Orange or what ever........ If you can keep from over spraying belts and electrics it would be better, same with the hose, but remember that if you're driving though a raining down pore it's going to do the same thing under the hood.....
I've been washing all my cars and MC's since 1965 and each/most have 100k miles on them without damage , I even started years back using high pressure washes(holding nozzle not close) using wash, then rinse........ now days I've gotten into spraying 1st with BB then rinse with water.
It says in the manual not to wet the engine compartment, but Mother nature does it all the time..... Think it has to do with manufacture liability.

Gunk engine cleaner/degreaser, water, and then let it sit in the sun with the hood open. Never had any problems in the several years I've done this and have always had good results.

On a nice beutiful sunny day i pull it out of the garage blast some music and a ice cold six pack and i do it by hand with a few raggs soap with water lol
But thats just me . :wigglesmiley:

I seem some of the cars on here that have been through winter and man they get dirty,the car doesn't " repel" the salt and water for sure.i done the power wash before when I lived up north.the key is a hot sunny day and let it dry as long as possible.i used that motorcycle cleaner too,it did a good job.my 04 is slightly dirty but still clean but I'm going to have it done this summer I think.i. Actually going to go over the whole car and make it look like new again,mainly a few door dings and a little paint fade that shows up more now since I had the back bumper replaced and painted.im actually thinking of putting ground effects on it now that there cheap.

Forgot to add.... I use my leaf blower on my car/mc after washing as well, including engine bay.......

Just bout me a 3100 power washer Sunday, of course honda powered and lime green( ryobi). Maybe I'll power wash the 04 motor compartment this weekend.

Back