the Official. :post your 9th gen drag times thread.

scootin'civic

My 2012 bone stock civic SI sedan ran a 9.58 at 74ish mph in the 1/8 mile......post up and compare. Ask questions, etc. My stock clutch would not allow me to go any faster. Lol

What was happening? You couldn't drop the clutch from a high rpm? I just roll out the clutch when I launch from a dig in most fwd cars...its not the fastest technique, but it gets me consistent results.

What was happening? You couldn't drop the clutch from a high rpm? I just roll out the clutch when I launch from a dig in most fwd cars...its not the fastest technique, but it gets me consistent results.
The clutch either slips like mad if I launch higher than 3500 but less than 4500 and blows the tires off if I try to launch in vtec, I do a full throttle launch either way. I try to get to my target rpm as soon as the light turns green.

did we miss the other Official thread or is this just to post drag times ?

My best run on stock tires, reflash and K&N drop in. 15 flat at 94. 2.3 60' needs work. Experienced every other launch problem in my other runs with a bog, spin, and hop. Since added Injen axleback and will try Dunlop Star Specs when mounted for next years autocross season.

View: http://youtu.be/uthOaHPoKnA

2012 Si Coupe all stock (1200 miles): best out of 5 was 15.08 @ 93.6 pulling a 2.27 60ft. Most in the 15.1-15.3 range at 92-93. Really struggled to launch cleanly. Not new to drag racing, but fairly new to the 9th. 56 degree track temp at 700ft elevation.

Completely stock 2012 civic si coupe 14.47 second quarter mile then I did 14.9 with my Gf inside the car. All bone stock with 94 octane gas and currently have 22 thou km

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    995.6 KB · Views: 18
Back