The RBC Dilemma (free VitTuned offer for one lucky bloke)

VitViper

OK, lots and lots going on about the RBC, back and forth. So far the only real "comparison" we have is the manifold on cars with similar mods, but not a TRUE same day, say day, same car immediate comparison to get a before & after.

So what we are offering is to install & tune an RBC on a stock manifold car after tuning it on the stock manifold. The requirements are so:

1. Any 2012-2014 Si.
  2. A full bolt on Si with GOOD bolt ons. I want to see a car with either Full Race exhaust/downpipe or something similar like Skunk2. No RV6 garbage or anything like that, if you're not sure, please ask.
  3. You MUST have a stock manifold SRI or CAI, and a version of the same SRI or CAI that is RBC compatible (so you may have to run out and buy one). AS WELL as couplers for the STOCK TB and ZDX TB. I recommend the PRL intakes.
  4. You obviously must have a FlashPro (or you can buy one from us).
  5. You must come to our shop location in Eugene, Oregon (probably on a Saturday).

What I will supply:

1. Free tuning.
  2. Free install.
  3. Free RBC intake manifold & adapter.
  4. Free ZDX TB.

Last edited:
what's this about? People arguing over the rbc making/not making gains?

what's this about? People arguing over the rbc making/not making gains?

Yes. I'm willing to put up my time & money to get a legitimate test done, same day, same car, won't even leave the dyno. Tuned right on stock manifold, tuned right on RBC. I'll even swap the stock manifold with the ZDX TB, and do the ZDX Tb on the RBC as well, so lots of testing & comparison for people to see. Hard facts instead of butt dyno feels.

Finally! This will be perfect.
Just wondering... Why exclude the 2012?
Same engine, same ecu, right?

Thank you Vit. This is needed. We appreciate you putting in your time and money to get us a definitive answer.

Finally! This will be perfect.
Just wondering... Why exclude the 2012?
Same engine, same ecu, right?

Y'all got screwed with an inconsistent motor. To top that off, you guys have crappy live tuning, which takes 2x as long to tune the car on the dyno as a 13 or 14.

Y'all got screwed with an inconsistent motor. To top that off, you guys have crappy live tuning, which takes 2x as long to tune the car on the dyno as a 13 or 14.
Inconsistent in the sense that numbers vary? Or another sense?

where are the differences? The engine is the same?

Wow, that's a pretty wicked deal. Great work vit & thanks for putting this offer out there.

I would be willing to make the 5hr drive down to Eugene but got the "crappy" '12

Thanks Vit for doing this and finally once and for all settling the dreaded RBC debate. You the man.

I would be willing to make the 5hr drive down to Eugene but got the "crappy" '12

Lol the car is fine. I just do not like the consistency between the motors and the fact it takes 2x as long to tune since live tuning support is not as good on the 12's (not enough memory for all the stables I want, lots of back and forth flashing compared to the '13+, which is a big deal to me when I'm offering free dyno tuning).

So if the ecu on the 12 si sucks wouldn't changing it to 2013 or 2014 be better?

so the 13+ has an ecu with additional memory? Is it the same from coupe/sedan on the 13's since only the sedan got the 13 update?

Back