Thinking about trading in my coupe for 4 door

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
It's been a six months since I bought my Civic Si coupe and slowly I'm starting to regret not getting the four door version. Back in May I was so excited about getting 2 door car, but after some period of time and 8k miles later I realized that the backseat is honestly useless for me now and I would much rather have sedan. Also my car is in Fire Orange color:D I've been pulled over five times in the last two months for bs (not tickets). So my question to you guys is it worth it to bring the car to the dealer and trade it in for a four door? Pretty sure I'm going to get raped on this. ouch:hiding: Thanks in advance

Yes, you'll likely lose if you swap that soon after buying it. I would suggest talking to the dealer. They'll give you a number. From there decide if the two extra doors are with the difference. Once you see the amount of $'s, the coupe might not be so bad after all. ;)

You should have got burgundy. That's a good old man colour and maybe you wouldn't get pulled over so much.:giggle:
But seriously, that must suck to get constantly pulled over. Dam.

I agree with Andre. ^ You will lose out, but it might not be as bad as you think. Can't hurt to go check.

Yeah I will definitely go to the dealer where I bought my car from and ask much I'm going to lose on that trade. Paul burgundy color is only available for R18 models.:( This time I would either get white or dyno blue. Too bad that Si's don't come in beige exterior color. Who know I might keep my pumpkin if the numbers are going to be that bad.

Any tips from our car salesmen that we have here?

Others have done it.... they reported about a 5k loss to do the swap after taxes/fees etc. Plastidip can be done for like a couple hundred to the whole car.

orange plastidipped sedan -
8323bfc4.jpg

dd0c569d.jpg

Others have done it.... they reported about a 5k loss to do the swap after taxes/fees etc. Plastidip can be done for like a couple hundred to the whole car.

orange plastidipped sedan -

5k loss you say? I think I'm gonna stick with my car. lol No disrespect to the owner of that plastidipped Civic, but good Lord that thing looks hideous.:thumbsdown:

and probably 1200+ of that is sales tax on the new car. You know they'll lowball your car, because they have to resell the car at a profit....as a car that's used.

Yeah i think I'm gonna keep my coupe. Lesson learned for the future

I have the exact same thoughts. Good thing I may have an out soon with insurance BS... it's worth a shot buddy, go get an appraisal!

Don't forget it no longer is a true sports car with 4 doors. I'm old school like that. Always has been my issue with evos and sti's

Don't forget it no longer is a true sports car with 4 doors. I'm old school like that. Always has been my issue with evos and sti's

That's actually true. Previous Si's before 8th were always 2door. Either Hatch or coupe. I actually went to the dealer yesterday and I would get brutally raped on that deal. $6K loss in the trade in. I'll keep my car until I'm ready to buy something else.;)

so that was their official offer - 6k difference on swapping?

Do a vehicle wrap , cost isnt.too bad,make it the way you want and remember. Nothing cool about a mom car .

Back