This is so confusing...

Leander, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Haven't seen any threads regarding specifically the 2015 Si.

All I'm trying to do is find out what bulbs I need to replace my fog lights, lows and his. Just everything pointed forward.

Saw some Kensun Kits with good reviews but can't find a straight answer on what bulbs I neesd. I believe the hi's/lows are h11/h3 respectively, but not sure about the fog lights.

Additional information or suggestions on which kits to buy would be greatly appreciated.

What @webby sad but I wouldn't mess with the highs. Unless you just want to replace the bulb so that the DRL would be more white. No sense in putting a HID kit on that.

These guys already nailed it for you but yes, just do the low beams, and do run a wiring harness. It looks like a tangled mess when you see the pics online but once you have it in front of you and you can spread the thing out it is very straightforward.

The harness will make the HIDs run better/properly and protect your factory wiring system.

Are you just buying brighter halogen bulbs or getting HID bulbs?

Loads. The short answer: A new "brighter" halogen will just plug right in. An HID is much much brighter but requires a ballast to power it properly. The HID will also cause a lot of glare and they should not be run without a harness.

Thanks Nix. Think I'm just gonna get new halogens. Anyone have experience with Kensun or have any kits to recommend?

I believe another option for you is leds... from what ive heard those are plug and play. But expensive. About 200 something for a set

Thanks Nix. Think I'm just gonna get new halogens. Anyone have experience with Kensun or have any kits to recommend?
Those are HIDs...not halogens on kensun' site.

HIDs are the white/blueish lights you see on cars like Audi, Lexus, bmw, Mercedes, Acura and so on.

Halogens are just bulbs like you have now.

Check out xenondepot.com if you want a hid kit

Those are HIDs...not halogens on kensun' site.

HIDs are the white/blueish lights you see on cars like Audi, Lexus, bmw, Mercedes, Acura and so on.

Halogens are just bulbs like you have now.

Check out xenondepot.com if you want a hid kit

Gotcha. it clearly says HID on the Kensun kit I was looking at :banghead:

What do y'all think of these?

Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/Kensun-Conversion-Colors-Digital-Ballasts/dp/B004ZF3DYG/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1438985974&sr=1-3&keywords=kensun+h11

never heard of them, but they have quite a few reviews on amazon.

if you buy those, get a wire harness for each hid kit you buy. That setup doesn't come with a harness.
Search h11 hid harness on theretrofitsource or amazon/ebay

never heard of them, but they have quite a few reviews on amazon.

if you buy those, get a wire harness for each hid kit you buy. That setup doesn't come with a harness.
Search h11 hid harness on theretrofitsource or amazon/ebay

Thanks for the info.
If I were to get this one, would I need to order one or two to wire up my 2 replacement bulbs?
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...low-beam-relay-wire-harness.html#.VcVBznFViko

EDIT: Nevermind, after exploring the product info it says one harness controls both lights.

Last edited:
Cheap kits like that are hit or miss. You may have good luck with them. I know a few people have run the very cheap DDM kits and gotten several years of use out of them and others had them die in a week. So price isn't everything but it does suggest a certain level of quality control.

I for one would not want my headlights to stop working when I need them. Sort of like brakes. Not an area I would "cheap out" on. I know good quality kits from @XenonDepot are quite a bit more $$ but definitely worth the difference. Same with any of those kits from retrofit source. They will last you several years and the bulbs are a good quality.

It looks like from the reviews on Kensun that people get dead ballasts or ones that die quickly. Same with the bulbs not being color matched to each other or even close to the correct color temp. Again those are issues with very inexpensive kits. I had more issues with a cheap harness than anything. Get a good harness from TRS and if you get a working kit from Kensun you'll probably be fine.

Back