This paint is SO soft!

When using keep the paint inside the walls of the scratch, don't over lap.

Would the fact that it's a water-based paint cause it to orange peel easier when applied to the car? It seems that every car I see looks like someone took an orange and rolled it all over every inch of the body while the paint was still wet. I'm seeing this even on friggin supercars too. It drives me insane.

Orange peel is actually intentional.

Thread is a good read but post #24 is the one to really read. ;)
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-de...ntentionally-put-orange-peel-their-paint.html

reminds me of dr colorchip commercials...
It seems that the CC was more like a cayola...... anyway the video shows it as a liquid(still might be the same thing).

It $30 for the kit(looks like kits are in now..... It comes with what most ppl already have, less the actual product ...........Marketing.......... atleast when buying a chip bottle from Honda all we have to buy is the paint.

I went to get some touch-up paint today and I told the rep that there was two variations in Dyno Blue Pearl and he had no clue what I was talking about and there was no information on it in the system. Once he was able to pull more info up by using my VIN he was able to find out more information. Of course he didn't have my version and had to order it.

I went to get some touch-up paint today and I told the rep that there was two variations in Dyno Blue Pearl and he had no clue what I was talking about and there was no information on it in the system. Once he was able to pull more info up by using my VIN he was able to find out more information. Of course he didn't have my version and had to order it.
Did you ask for a percentage off the price for training them on how to do their job?

Not his fault if there wasn't any info in the system. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention, though.

I didn't have my paint colour code when I went to order my chip repair pen. The parts guy was smart, he knew that the side mirrors come painted if you ordered new ones for whatever reason and they are unique to the civic. The colour code for the different coloured side mirrors was in the parts manual and obviously they match the paint on the car. Now that's using your noodle! :nerd:

Is it me or has anyone else noticed how soft the Honda paint seems to be!?!?
I guess one of the biggest downsides of owning a black car is the fact that you can see every little mark/scratch on the paint especially when the car is clean.
I need to give my car a good polish :mad:

My kick panels(I think they're called that because people used to kick mud and snow off their shoes before getting in) were scratched by the end of the first day. And I tried hard not to touch the paint with my shoes getting in and out. Another thing is the cheap plastic sill . . . I scratched that with the bottom of my shoes, guess they had sand on them? Terrible. Blister packing from the dollar store is tougher.

Honda sells a touchup pen with paint colours specifically for your vehicle. One side is paint, the other side is clear coat. I have one.

Me too. Every Honda car I ever bought I always go to the service center to get a bottle of touch up paint which matches the color of the paint. I always keep it in the glove compartment if I ever see a spot that needs to be touched up.

Ok first tell me which color you have car? because if its in black color then that is a common issue because the scratches always show more visible in black color paint. have you tried mothers car wax? because I also use that wax.. and got very satisfactory result.

towbars for cars

Last edited:
Every honda Purchase should come with snap on bubble wrap for the front end for when we jump on the highway :D

we should all go to the dealer at the same time and complain about this paint and that its ridiculous on how they had the nerv to use this water based crizzap on our cars !

Back