Thoughts on these car seats?

PU002blue115_3.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of seat covers personally. If you use your car/truck as a work vehicle where you're covered in mud or whatever... I understand the want. This says synthetic leather, and based on the price,..I would wager it's very thin material. I would not expect it to stand up to much wear (this is purely my opinion)

I find the color of the interior in the 2012 civic to be very light, which is why I'm leaning towards seat covers to keep them reasonably clean. If they were a darker grey or black then I would skip the covers.

I will say that if you eat/drink or anything like that in your car, a do it yourself scotch guard protection is not a bad move.

You can do it yourself, and save yourself around 200 dollars over having a company do it. Most car places like autozone or whatever cary them for around 11 dollars or so a can? If you do spill something, it will make the spill bead up like water on a waxed car. Then you can just blot it up with a towel. It makes cleaning interiors better without a doubt.

I'm a huge fan of color coordination, so aesthetically speaking it might be a nice little change. I think once they start to wear a little you'll get a little annoyed with them. For the price though it's not a huge deal. I didn't read the description of the item, so forgive me if I'm missing this detail. Do they have break away safety panels for the airbags in the seats? A few months ago my 8th gen Civic was completely totalled by a t bone collision in my driver side door. I was in complete and total shock in the hours after the wreck, but the only thing I remember being said to me at the scene was that the seat and curtain airbags probably saved my life. It's definitely something to consider.

The question is: will it be an exact fit?

I emailed the seller and he says they will fit fine, so I bit the bullet and bought them. They should be here next week, I'll take pics when they're installed

front side airbag compatible it says

:rockwoot::rotfl:

On another note...I just noticed the OP is none other than Joey freaking Greco from Cheaters!!!!!!!! My favorite episode of all time is when you went out onto the lake to bust that guy cheating, and he stabbed you. You had to have known it was coming (joking). :shadyhat:

I get that quite a bit! That guy has the same name as me lol

Seat cover update:

The covers came in, and well they looked like crap in person and didn't fit well. I sent them back today, getting a refund. I scotch-guarded the interior for now, and I'm on the hunt for different seat covers.

I would like to see pics too. I have scotch guarded mine already. My 6 y/o & 7 y/o ride in the back and I wouldn't mind a little more protection, plus peace of mind.

Coverking Seat Covers are definitely something to look into. They offer a lot of different styles, colors and material options so you can find the right seat cover to meet your needs. Each set of seat covers is also built to order and the quality is second to none.

Back