Tire pressure

eric.schwartz.

Hey sorry I'm not sure if this is the right stuff for him for this question but it seem right. I have a 2014 Civic Si stop all season tires. Suspension which I love, I just have an 03 RSX in my old private mechanic used to always tell me that by putting a few more psi of pressure in the tires for tire pressure, that will help and increase stability and cornering stability in the car. Is that true? Thank you.

If you're going to be driving it hard, yes. Over/under inflation both contribute to uneven tire wear in different ways. If you are doing an auto-x event and the tires have soft sidewalls the higher pressure will help stiffen up the tire so it doesn't roll under as badly. Tire pressure also changes as you drive. The tire is going to heat up and that initial setting of say 32 might end up more like 36. Just something to keep in mind. Check your pressures cold and hot. See what works for you. If you're just DDing your car the factory recommended 32 is probably fine. 33/34/35 is not a huge difference though. Try out 35. see if you like it.

edit: Check the sidewall of your tire and see what the max pressure is. Make sure you don't go over it.

If you're going to be driving it hard, yes. Over/under inflation both contribute to uneven tire wear in different ways. If you are doing an auto-x event and the tires have soft sidewalls the higher pressure will help stiffen up the tire so it doesn't roll under as badly. Tire pressure also changes as you drive. The tire is going to heat up and that initial setting of say 32 might end up more like 36. Just something to keep in mind. Check your pressures cold and hot. See what works for you. If you're just DDing your car the factory recommended 32 is probably fine. 33/34/35 is not a huge difference though. Try out 35. see if you like it.

edit: Check the sidewall of your tire and see what the max pressure is. Make sure you don't go over it.
Hey thanks for the tips and suggestions. Appreciate. That's what I thought regardless just wanted to make sure about that.

Back