Tires and VTEC sticker

eric.schwartz.

Okay so just wanted to get everyone's thoughts about my tire selection that I'll be doing tomorrow at Honda. BFGoodrich g-force COMP 2 AS ultra-high-performance all season. Also I have the dohc /I VTEC sticker that we all do on outside of the car but no one can see it. Do you think it would look better if I put a red sticker and its place on the outside of my car since its orange? The things I'm going with for my car is orange and red.

It was just like my older posts and I was going to put Michelin Pilot Supersport tires on my car but I am NOT running two sets of tires in New Jersey and the car has to hook up. So those are the next best solution. As far as the VTEC sticker that's what a Civic Si is all about so me I want it to look really good.

Well, if you aren't going to run separate summer and winter tires, I would suggest going with the CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 since they score better for snow with minimal scoring differences for dry conditions.

Well, if you aren't going to run separate summer and winter tires, I would suggest going with the CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 since they score better for snow with minimal scoring differences for dry conditions.
You know what's funny, I was reading all the user reviews for the G Force comp 2 AS tires and everyone says that this will very well for extreme cornering the acceleration and fast breaking. Plus it looks aggressive.

It was just like my older posts and I was going to put Michelin Pilot Supersport tires on my car but I am NOT running two sets of tires in New Jersey and the car has to hook up. So those are the next best solution.

At least you came to your senses and listened to reason. Still not sure why you are so adamant against running two sets of tires.

As far as the VTEC sticker that's what a Civic Si is all about so me I want it to look really good.

Looks are subjective and most of us think the VTEC stickers look tacky.

What the Si is all about is the driving experience. :vtec:

At least you came to your senses and listened to reason. Still not sure why you are so adamant against running two sets of tires.

Looks are subjective and most of us think the VTEC stickers look tacky.

What the Si is all about is the driving experience. :vtec:
I'm stubborn as hell for something with especially with my car. I'm not running two sets of tires for the I have nowhere to store them and be independent but even those with a range that's just too much of a hassle. As far as the beating connector the right looks are subject but every SI out there has the VTEC sticker all over the place and I wouldn't call that Rice I would call that JDM. So I wanted to look good. I haven't actually met anyone who has an SI that takes off the sticker.

You know what's funny, I was reading all the user reviews for the G Force comp 2 AS tires and everyone says that this will very well for extreme cornering the acceleration and fast breaking. Plus it looks aggressive.

Upgrade your rear sway bar (if you haven't already) if you want to corner better. It will probably make much more of a difference than the difference between the two tires. This car already has great stopping power. If you want more, get better pads. Since you have cold snowy winters, and like to drive aggressively, go with the tire rated better in those conditions. Again, the other ratings differences are negligible.

If you would have said this in the last thread, you could have avoided a lot of animosity.
In my other posting though, I did state that. As far as the sway bar I'll look into that. I mean I have HONDA look my brakes but when it's time to upgrade them everyone on the forums here has also told me to not only upgrade the pads but the rotors as well.

In my other posting though, I did state that.

Actually, you didn't.

I mean I have HONDA look my brakes but when it's time to upgrade them everyone on the forums here has also told me to not only upgrade the pads but the rotors as well.

You don't need slotted. Especially not drilled. Blanks are fine for the brakes. I don't recall if anyone has noted differences with different types of blanks. You should also upgrade your brake fluid.

Actually, you didn't.

You don't need slotted. Especially not drilled. Blanks are fine for the brakes. I don't recall if anyone has noted differences with different types of blanks. You should also upgrade your brake fluid.
Okay so lies my frustration in the car community. Some people say to just upgrade the brake pads which I've done in the past which is easy. Other people tell me to upgrade everything about my braking system. I don't know what to do. So when my brakes wear out I have no idea what to do. Now you said before to also increase my handling power to upgrade my sway bar in the rear?

Okay so lies my frustration in the car community. Some people say to just upgrade the brake pads which I've done in the past which is easy. Other people tell me to upgrade everything about my braking system. I don't know what to do. So when my brakes wear out I have no idea what to do. Now you said before to also increase my handling power to upgrade my sway bar in the rear?

@Nix can give you some guidance on the brakes.

The rear sway bar is the biggest bang for your buck upgrade on this car and is the first one we recommend to everyone. You will be amazed at the difference in handling and cornering. If you have a 2012, get a 22mm. Otherwise, get the Progress 24mm.

@Nix can give you some guidance on the brakes.

The rear sway bar is the biggest bang for your buck upgrade on this car and is the first one we recommend to everyone. You will be amazed at the difference in handling and cornering. If you have a 2012, get a 22mm. Otherwise, get the Progress 24mm.
Well I got a 2014 civic inside so get the bigger sway bar? Are they expensive? I've never upgraded my sway bar in the past. So you're saying I definitely noticed a difference and handling huh?

Well I got a 2014 civic inside so get the bigger sway bar? Are they expensive? I've never upgraded my sway bar in the past. So you're saying I definitely noticed a difference and handling huh?

http://store.redshiftmotorsports.com/product-p/pro62.1025.htm (you may be able to find it cheaper, but I like supporting Chris because he is wonderful to work with if you have any issues or technical questions)

Don't bother using the supplied endlinks. You can keep the stock ones or upgrade to Moog.

When you see the stock one next to the Progress one side by side, you will laugh at how tiny the stock one looks. Definitely makes a huge difference. The car will corner flatter and rotate faster.

http://store.redshiftmotorsports.com/product-p/pro62.1025.htm (you may be able to find it cheaper, but I like supporting Chris because he is wonderful to work with if you have any issues or technical questions)

Don't bother using the supplied endlinks. You can keep the stock ones or upgrade to Moog.

When you see the stock one next to the Progress one side by side, you will laugh at how tiny the stock one looks. Definitely makes a huge difference. The car will corner flatter and rotate faster.
Well alrighty then I will have a look into that thanks for the advice.

Back