To confrim, 8th gen short shifter fits our 9th gen Si?

EJ8*

looking to get a short shifter, I read a bunch of threads on here but still wanted to confirm.

Some say You have to cut some plastic piece like the 8th gen, but some other say no.

Can I use the 8th gen short shifter or not? or do they make 9th gen short shifters already?

thank you.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2...hift-adapter-and-corsport-base-bushings.5828/
slight trim shown in the diy ^

c22.sized.jpeg

looking to get a short shifter, I read a bunch of threads on here but still wanted to confirm.

Some say You have to cut some plastic piece like the 8th gen, but some other say no.

Can I use the 8th gen short shifter or not? or do they make 9th gen short shifters already?

thank you.
U can only use the ss adapter! Not the whole assembly

anyone have a link to 8th gen SS works with the trim cutting? I am guessing all of them?
I'm sure you will have to trim that piece in order to use the SS. The SS will make the shifter cable sit lower. The wire mount will be on the way if you don't trim it. That SS
c16.sized.jpeg

pict0003-jpg.6290

And this is a quote from Corsport:
Great post! this will work with out 8thgen short shifter too.
I think Corsport meant "our" not "out".

Thanks guys! What's the point of buying a "2012-2013" short shifter if its the same as the 2006-2011 shift shifter? I am going to purchase a 2006-2011 shift shifter now since I know it works with the plastic trimming. It's cheaper.

It could be a little longer for a much shorter shift. The SS length for the 2006-2011 Si was limited bc of fitment (space limit).

Last edited:
Back