toggle switch install

2012hondakid

Hanover, Pennsylvania
Vehicle Model
civic lx
Body Style
coupe
sadly i need toggle switch but how would you wire up toggle switch because its getting very old to go back and put my remote wire in and pull it out everytime i get out of my car and such etc..... how would you mount the toggle switch also?

How did you run the remote wire? If you used an accessory it should turn off when the car is off.
i ran my remote wire to one of my fuses which is my center power console where you would plug your phone charger. when i turn my car off my subs are still going and amp is still on

The LX doesnt have a remote wire running but it is available to connect at pin 21 on the 24P connector

You need to find a fuse that is not powered all the time and run it to there. Then you can use T-taps to run your toggle switch and snip the wire between the taps.

alright so basically find a fuse thats not powered when my car is off
Exactly. The kill switch on the remote wire will help with cutting your amp instantly if need be (Cops). The garnish is really simple to take out, depending on the switch you choose, you may have to modify the back of the garnish to mount it flush.
Pop the panel off (this should be really easy.)
switch1.jpg
I had to use a dremel tool to make space for the switch to fit.
switch 2.jpg
The finished product
switch3.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly. The kill switch on the remote wire will help with cutting your amp instantly if need be (Cops). The garnish is really simple to take out, depending on the switch you choose, you may have to modify the back of the garnish to mount it flush.
Pop the panel off (this should be really easy.)
View attachment 10238
I had to use a dremel tool to make space for the switch to fit.
View attachment 10239
The finished product
View attachment 10240
Sweet I never thought about mounting it there

Im always afraid to use the technical terms since not everyone is in the engineering field. :p To reiterate what flip said. A simple on-off switch: The two terminals are either connected together or disconnected from each other. An example is a light switch.

i believe AlienPrime has done some work on adapting oem switches to go in there in case you want everything to look stock

Im always afraid to use the technical terms since not everyone is in the engineering field. :p To reiterate what flip said. A simple on-off switch: The two terminals are either connected together or disconnected from each other. An example is a light switch.
haha its fine i know a tad bit about eletrical since my dad was a eletrictian and i took class in high school and am currently going to college for computers

Back