Top 10 Least Reliable New Cars Revealed

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

View: https://youtu.be/YBp9a5vNJO8

10. FIAT 500L*
Fiat’s 500L is one of them, with CR’s subscribers pointing out issues with its automatic gearbox which can slip or even lock-up, its powered accessories, the drive system and the in-car electronics.

9. CHEVROLET TAHOE - GMC YUKON
The Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon twins suffered from problems like steering vibrations, failing powered accessories and in-car electronics.

8. FORD FIESTA
Ford’s Fiesta is also there, with owners reporting trouble spots such as a rough-shifting or slipping transmission, problems with its powered accessories, premature clutch replacements and various noises and leaks.

7. RAM 2500
The Ram 2500 pickup truck also scored low points, with the main trouble spots being steering vibrations, emissions controls and sensors, 4WD components and its powered components.

6. TESLA MODEL X*
While Tesla did improve the reliability score of the Model S, the newer Model X scored poorly, with owners reporting problems with its Falcon-wing doors, locks and latches, in-car electronics and climate system among others.

5. CHRYSLER 200*
The fifth place on the list with the least reliable new cars went to the Chrysler 200 which faces issues with its nine-speed automatic gearbox which reportedly sometimes won’t shift gears or it hesitates to move when you put it in gear.

4. CHEVROLET SUBURBAN - GMC YUKON XL
Fourth place goes to the Chevrolet Suburban/GMC Yukon XL models, with owners reporting leaking sunroofs and transmission problems, failing in-car electronics and 4WD components.

3. JEEP RENEGADE*
The Jeep Renegade is ranked third in this list, after facing issues with its brakes, pieces of the exterior body trim falling off and transmission problems among others.

2. FORD FOCUS
Number two in the list is the Ford Focus, which according to CR readers, suffers from a rough-shifting or slipping transmission which can make it jerky to drive in low speeds with the driveline also transmitting vibrations.

1. CADILLAC ESCALADE
The biggest ‘loser’ of this list is none other than the Cadillac Escalade. Owners reported that faced issues like the AWD system being stuck in 4WD mode, an unresponsive infotainment system and water leaks from the sunroof.

==
Models with an asterisk next to them are rated based on one year of reliability data.

Interesting that the Tahoe/Yukon, Suburban/Yukon XL, and Escalade all made the list. They are all basically the same truck and all look to have similar issues. It seems like they could have condensed that section to all 3 and listed some other crap boxes to avoid also.

GM could probably learn how to fix some of those problems since they are the same across that whole section of vehicles. Nah.... they never learn do they? 'Murica! These ain't problems unless you are unpatriotic right? PS sorry about our cars killing you to save a buck.

(not that Takata didn't pull the same thing and all our Hondas are currently possible death traps as well.)

Interesting that the Tahoe/Yukon, Suburban/Yukon XL, and Escalade all made the list. They are all basically the same truck and all look to have similar issues. It seems like they could have condensed that section to all 3 and listed some other crap boxes to avoid also.

GM could probably learn how to fix some of those problems since they are the same across that whole section of vehicles. Nah.... they never learn do they? 'Murica! These ain't problems unless you are unpatriotic right? PS sorry about our cars killing you to save a buck.

(not that Takata didn't pull the same thing and all our Hondas are currently possible death traps as well.)

You are correct. Although some of the problems they mentioned are already addressed by GM in the form of TSBs or recalls. The in car electronics are the biggest differentiating factor between the three.

Reactions: Nix
I think on the Focus those are mostly CVT issues and people needing to get used to the CVT. I believe a reprogram was issues to fix some of it. I could be wrong but I swear I read that at some point. Lots of the new CVT cars are getting software updates over complaints.

I wonder how the ST versions held up in comparison.

• Staff
I recall a lot of motor mount and wire harness issues

No VW, Audi or BMW on that list?

They didn't lie, they just made sure to pass the test as it was given. They didn't cheat, there just isn't a rule against what they did. GM beat the emissions thing on the Corvette with the skip shift transmission. When you drove under certain parameters it would shift from 1 to 4 to keep rpms and thereby emissions low. Of course no one ever drives like that but hey, it beats the test. I think most peoples anger at Audi/VW is that they tried to hide it in a sneaky way. GM was like, eh this beats the test but it won't happen in the real world but this is how we're doing it.

I'm surprised the Chevy Cruze isn't on that list. It is regularly one of the worst rated vehicles on the market for consecutive years. Every day I drive by a billboard that has an ad for it that says, "Proudly made in Ohio." I always laugh, as that is not something we should be proud of, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nix
Back