TPMS HELP!

Yannier Quinones

Miami, Fl
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So on Monday my TPMS light came on, I was really busy all week and didn't have time to really do much about it but every day before going to work I would check my tires to make sure I didn't have a flat. I removed my negative terminal for about 30 seconds to see if that reset and when I turned on my car its still on!! Any ideas what it can be? I checked the PSI in my tires and they're all good also, not losing any air, I rotated my tires on my own a few weeks ago but I don't think that can be the problem.

Thank you in advance!

Sounds like a malfunction, I would call up your local dealer and check up on if that's covered under warranty, if so just take it in and have it fixed. It's a sensor after all, and sensors do weird things sometimes lol

If you added or removed air, sometimes you have to drive a little bit for it to reset. I bet you already drove enough for that to happen though. Check the pressure, add a little if needed, then drive. You might need to reset the system for longer than 30 seconds though. Leave the negative terminal off for a few minutes. Like 10-15 just to be sure the system has fully discharged. That's all I can think of.

@Nix yes, it has been on since Monday, I have also checked all the tires and they're all consistent, they're all 35-37 PSI and do you think if I leave the terminal off overnight will it be fine the next morning?

Just try a few minutes. Overnight won't hurt anything except be a pain if you need to leave in a hurry in the morning.

Alright will do, I'll do it tomorrow morning as its already 1AM where I'm at lol I'll let you know if it works! thanks!!

I disconnected the negative terminal for about 20 minutes and still nothing -.- I'm going to try and maybe add a little bit of air to all the tires just to rule out all the possibilities before calling up my local dealer.

Back