TPMS won't turn off

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
About two weeks ago I bought 4 new tires and about 2 days later my TPMS kicked back on. So I figured maybe the tires starched or something. So I stopped to put air in them and all 4 wheels where at 35 lbs. Would the tires affect the TPMS or could it be the people who installed them may have broken the sensor.

Is the "TPMS" light on or the flat tire icon light on? The "TPMS" light (actual red words) mean there is something wrong with the TPMS system itself. The flat Tire icon means low pressure.
First I would go back to the installer, they must have missed something when they installed it.

About two weeks ago I bought 4 new tires and about 2 days later my TPMS kicked back on. So I figured maybe the tires starched or something. So I stopped to put air in them and all 4 wheels where at 35 lbs. Would the tires affect the TPMS or could it be the people who installed them may have broken the sensor.
Do you have the same size tyre as the stock ones that came with it(wondering if you have the right amount of air in them, as door sticker says)......... Also they did work for two days...... As @sircoffee says, take it to the installer.....

Sircoffee is correct. There are two indicators for tpms. Low pressure is one indicator on the 2013, and the other says tpms. Tpms means it needs to be taken to Honda.

The flat tire icon is on but it flashes for about 30 seconds.(when I had low air before it never flashed) I have checked the tire pressure and i believe they are the same size (215/45 R17) I have been planning on taking them to the place I had them installed I just have not had the time due to work. But my second question I had is there anyway to turn off the traction control? Or with the hondata can I make it less sensitive?

I have regular air in my tires now instead of Nitrogen. Would that make a deference?

Nitrogen vs air won't matter. I'd wager they damaged a sensor if the flat tire icon is lit & your tire pressure is good. It has to drop to like 28psi or something for the trigger to indicate. If a sensor is broken it'll display the same icon because it's not getting a reading.

Nitrogen vs air won't matter. I'd wager they damaged a sensor if the flat tire icon is lit & your tire pressure is good. It has to drop to like 28psi or something for the trigger to indicate. If a sensor is broken it'll display the same icon because it's not getting a reading.
That's the only thing I could think of but is there away to turn the TC off? I am on my way to the track and i really wanted to get a better time now that I got a good tune from Vit.

Yeah but can you pull a fuse to get it to go off I tried pulling the TC fuse it wont work

The abs fuse will disable it. That's the only way anyone has been able to do it that I've seen.

The abs fuse will disable it. That's the only way anyone has been able to do it that I've seen.
I'll try that once I get to the track. I just hate pulling fusses like that it always seems like something will go wrong when I plug them back in.

Reactions: Nix
What is the right abs fuse I know one is the motor and the other is the FSR. The way it look it's the big fuse to far right 4 spots down

Attachments

• WP_20150605_18_14_48_Raw.jpg
    WP_20150605_18_14_48_Raw.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Well he was talking about unplugging the harness what about just taking the FSR fuse out? Do you think it would mess with the Power steering?

I just talked to a guy at the track and he told me he had the same problem that he had to reset the system. Do you know how to do that?

Back