Track Setups...

RippSpeed

Cerritos , Komifornia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Anyone want to share their specs ??? i.e. coilover setup, wheel tire combo, and alingment setup ???

I havent setup mine ... mines pretty much stock. I dont have cash freed up because have a vacation/shooting competition to go too in October. In November I will be ordering BC Type ER coilovers...

in for this thread ;) ..

also lets have a discussion as well like whats better 18' or 17' wheels if you are tracking a stock set up . . . .

in for this thread ;) ..

also lets have a discussion as well like whats better 18' or 17' wheels if you are tracking a stock set up . . . .
I plan on 16's versus the 17 for track setup ...

I prefer alittle more sidewall and give on the tires ... Plus the 16" track tires are cheaper and theres more of a selection... I plan on running my regular setup Toyo RA1's or maybe try out those new fancy Toyo R888's

@MarkA - Has some track time. I'm sure he has some useful input.

If you're running the stock wheel and aren't going to be swapping: A 235/40 tire maintains a pretty close to stock OD for mileage and speedometer but provides a wider contact patch with a slightly shorter sidewall. Probably the best tire size for the stock Si wheel. I bet you could go to a 245 also.

@MarkA - Has some track time. I'm sure he has some useful input.

If you're running the stock wheel and aren't going to be swapping: A 235/40 tire maintains a pretty close to stock OD for mileage and speedometer but provides a wider contact patch with a slightly shorter sidewall. Probably the best tire size for the stock Si wheel. I bet you could go to a 245 also.
Dont plan to have stock wheels... Just like my last track B!+CH/Daily beater it has a separate set of wheels & tires for the track...

I was planning on running 16x8 225/50 - 16 all around ... I know I can push a 245/45 -16 in the car by just doing the math

in for this thread ;) ..

17s are usually the better choice as they tend to be lighter(less rotational mass) and tires are cheaper also.

Last edited:
By using a larger diameter wheel with a lower profile tire it's possible to properly maintain the overall diameter of the tire. By using a tire with a shorter sidewall, you gain quickness in steering response and better lateral stability.

I plan on 16's versus the 17 for track setup ...

I prefer alittle more sidewall and give on the tires ... Plus the 16" track tires are cheaper and theres more of a selection... I plan on running my regular setup Toyo RA1's or maybe try out those new fancy Toyo R888's

What 16s are you planning on running?

I'm running NASA great lakes HPDE 3/4 class thinking about im going to run 17's with a hankook rs3 more then likely. I am still up in the air on suspension. I don't really feel like there is any great choices yet. I'm Really waiting on hawk to release some dtc-60 fronts.

Confirmed that 8th gen pads will fit up front just not the rotors. I would buy an extra set of autozone blank rotors with some hawk blue pads up front if you plan on using your DD for track days. Run stock pads/rotors in the rear for some balance.

Koni yellows would be the best shocks to run outside of coilovers; but, I'm not sure if there is a decent spring to go with that. Seems all there is out there are lowing springs for our cars. Maybe an 8th gen spring would work with these shocks.

Don't upgrade your front sway bar for track days - you could even disconnect the front for track days. Upgrade the rear only. You'll get the *** end to kick out to counteract the understeer.

As far as an alignments go - it's really a preference. I run my FWD cars with nothing done in the rear. Up front I'll have the camber at about -1.2, leave the caster neutral (rwd cars I put towards the drivers seat to give the car a better response in steering), and a slight bit of toe in.

What tires you thinking about running? I'm shopping Bridgestone RE11A's or Dunlop Z2's.

The issue with the tpms ... has haulted my modifying of the car. Very disappointed that no one has figured it out yet.
you could run a motec pc lol

and Nix - I used Hankook RS-3s on my 2010 Si for track days and they held up great. Would def recommend. I've got the used Contis for now.

I was planning on my trusted brand Toyos.i wanted to check out their R888 or just order a set of Toyo RA1's ... track only tires need heat cycling first and they'll last along time.

I was planning on my trusted brand Toyos.i wanted to check out their R888 or just order a set of Toyo RA1's ... track only tires need heat cycling first and they'll last along time.
Yes, yes they will. That's why I'm happy I got these conti scuffs. Plus it opens up my budget for some other goodies.

I'll ask the HART team at Sebring what they've done to the ECM/PC to disable the traction control system - most likely they are running an HPD ECM or Motec. There has got to be a way - maybe if enough of us get together we can get Honda to push out an update from the local dealers. It's a safety concern in my opinion. I don't want traction control on if for some reason I have a spare up front (I would always put a spare in the rear and move the good rear tire up front) but let's just say I had to. The difference in size and rotational mass will cause that **** to go full potato. And as others have posted on here, if the temp drops, it snows, then you go to get out of a snowy mess you are left stranded.

Reactions: Nix
@dirtybird222
Have you run the stock rear pads and rotors with an aggressive front pad like the Carbotech XP10 or HP Plus pads? Just curious how it felt, I was planning on going with the XP10/XP8 combo but if the balance is good with the stock parts in the rear I may just leave them.

Last edited:
@dirtybird222
Have you run the stock rear pads and rotors with an aggressive front pad like the Carbotech XP10 or HP Plus pads? Just curious how it felt, I was planning on going with the XP10/XP8 combo but if the balance is good with the stock parts in the rear I may just leave them.

Yes, I have it was in an 8th gen and a 95 civic; but, you have all that weight over the front tires that are also driving and steering the car. You want the rear end to be able to help the car rotate around a turn.

Here's me at Sebring with a Hawk pad up front, ATE Rotors, stock rear drums, no front sway bar, big rear sway bar, and some FWD drifting. It was not preferred but the tires were almost toast. Great thing is all you have to do is turn the wheel where you want to go and step on the gas when the car gets like that.
285102_773046851085_7051810_n.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Anyone have any allignment setting tips? For stock suspension i.e. not modified to allow adjustment, I've read that zero toe all around will make the car more responsive. That could be good for the track, but maybe not so much for the street?

Back