Track Setups...

It will save on tire wear that's for sure. The closer to 0 the better. Toe out can be hard to handle and even 0 toe in the rear can be pretty twitchy. I think mine is just slightly in at something like 0.02 but that's just cause the bolts are old, rusty, crusty, and very coarse threads according to the alignment guy. But yes, toe is pretty much the only thing adjustable with the stock parts.

Chuck - it was a typo on my end. You want toe OUT or negative toe with FWD cars. Positive Toe/in - leave that to RWD drag racers and Circle track cars with lots of positive camber on the left side.

Edit- toe out on the rear* and only minimal unless you are starting to mess with the camber and caster then you really need to start playing with some geometry equations. I would leave the front as close to 0 as possible.

The issue with the tpms ... has haulted my modifying of the car. Very disappointed that no one has figured it out yet.
I bought a second set of tpms sensors from ebay that came out of a 2012 civic and flashed em to the car. the junkyard sensors cost me $50. I'm not sure if the car is capable of finding 2 sets of sensors though. But if you have access to a tpms relearn tool its cake.

I bought cloneable tpms sensors and a cloning tool. Cost me about $220 total with shipping. It's shenanigans but it's what we have to do until Honda decides to come out with a dealer update to negate that nonsense.

What's the issue with the tpms sensors? I was thinking about getting a second set of rims for the summer.

Hey everyone i will be running at gingerman raceway open track event later next month.

Just recently (yesterday) i upgraded my rear sway bar to progress 22 mm with moog end links and installed a strut tower bar. Prior to that i had tein street advance coilovers. I plan on getting a set of RPF1 possibly with goodrich rival tires. The size i am considering in SBC is 17x8 45 offset, also there is 17x8.5 30 offset available. I have time to think on it.

What width offset would provide the best performance ? Also someone mentioned only running track pads and rotors up front, i think this is a great idea, how successful has that strategy been?

Last edited:
Hey everyone i will be running at gingerman raceway open track event later next month.

Just recently (yesterday) i upgraded my rear sway bar to progress 22 mm with moog end links and installed a strut tower bar. Prior to that i had tein street advance coilovers. I plan on getting a set of RPF1 possibly with goodrich rival tires. The size i am considering in SBC is 17x8 45 offset, also there is 17x9 30 offset available. I have time to think on it.

What width offset would provide the best performance ? Also someone mentioned only running track pads and rotors up front, i think this is a great idea, how successful has that strategy been?
so why are you going larger rears at the track ??? is this for a car show of some sort ??? personally dont like HUGE rims unless I can fit more rubber in there... Dood its a fwd car not a rwd car... save the offset stuff for the streets and rube proper off set wheels on the track.

as far as zero toe in the front ... I guess its different strokes for different folks ... but most of the fwd crowd I run with run 1 degree toe out and close to zero toe in the rear. Yes twitchy but thats where your skill set falls in and a proper setup suspension helps. Toes out also gives you a very aggressive turn in ...

Nope not for a car show, open track. i was hoping to get rid of the understeer. I believe 17s can be great for looks when not on the track, unfortunately i don't have another set of wheels other than stockies. 16s sound great and all but too small for the sedan IMO

Nope not for a car show, open track. i was hoping to get rid of the understeer. I believe 17s can be great for looks when not on the track, unfortunately i don't have another set of wheels other than stockies. 16s sound great and all but too small for the sedan IMO
you want less understeer setup the car and suspension to do that ...

alittle trick japanese races and touge races do .. is run a smaller rim in the rears bigger side wall. Its was alot of Honda ITR spec cars use to do ...

go stiffer rear springs and have the shocks to support that ... get a bigger rear sway bar ... these are a few things I did on my old track cars...

Reactions: edd
Thank you for the advice, i don't see myself running smaller wheels on the rear in thE near future although I'll keep it in mind.

Thank you for the advice, i don't see myself running smaller wheels on the rear in thE near future although I'll keep it in mind.
Lastly !!!

if you run coilovers ... biggest improvement you'll get is to do a corner balance, a proper alignment, and ride leveling ... I use to go to my place near me here in SoCal ... WestEnd Alignment. Was sponsored by Darren once in a long time ago

Coilovers already installed, i hear corner balancing is important however i got into the season very late this year, I'll surely consider it as soon as next season

Which of the 2 sizes would be better for track fenders can be rolled if necessary
your goal would be to put enough tire patch on the road ... soo 17x8 is a good size but your limited to fender when running huge tires...

Its the reason why I prefer smaller rims...

Reactions: edd
Thanks for the input, I'll be posting more the near future i look forward to hearing more from you bro

Back