tree sap protection/removal

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
hey guys every year my girl and i go up to lake george for vacation and we stay at a campground that is shaded by pine trees (battlefield campground) and i may be taking my car this year and i want to protect it from any sap. what would be the best way to do that?

Anything that covers the car and won't blow off should protect it.

I have a large tarp that has eyelets around the perimeter. One time, there were some friends visiting us, and some storms were coming in where they were forecasting hail. I placed the tarp over their vehicles, and tied them off with ropes across the undersides of their cars - literally only minutes before it hit. It stayed in place, and protected them from damage.

It stays folded up on a shelf in my garage in case I need to cover anything; lumber, top soil, roof damage, etc.

If you want to get it off use Mr clean magic eraser

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

All that is is a super fine grit sandpaper block. Noting magic about it...unless you count deception as magic.

hey guys every year my girl and i go up to lake george for vacation and we stay at a campground that is shaded by pine trees (battlefield campground) and i may be taking my car this year and i want to protect it from any sap. what would be the best way to do that?

You can get a light weight square cloth that's used as a roof, supported by poles or hangs from trees. just park under it where you park for camping. Also a good way not to scratch the car, if it's not touching it.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Rain-Tarp-Design/

Last edited:
For any sap that gets through, use rubbing alcohol & a clean cloth turning frequently as sap adheres. Finish off with fresh coat of wax.

Former pine tree victim

i use Goo Gone and a rag to take off any sap that sticks to my car. seems to work fine and I dont think it damages clear coat

Thread is 2 years old but I wanted to chime in too and say this stuff works well from experience..

Lifter-1 Bug & Tar Remover.jpg

Back