Trouble importing phonebook to navigation

lunarfaze

I have a Samsung SCH-750 Alias 2... nothing too special.

It pairs fine with the car and I can talk fine on it. But when I press the phonebook button on the nav, it says "importing phonebook" and stays there for 20 minutes or more...scrolling like it's importing data. It never ends. I only have about 30 people in my phonebook. I've removed the device and started over and the same thing. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

ohhh, so you found it. I was looking under "SCH-"... and obviously didn't see it.

So now you can follow that and see if it completes

Nope. It connects but will not import the phonebook. I have a 1 hour drive tomorrow so I will do it then and see what happens. Maybe it takes that long?

I've never tried doing it, but I just read on another accord forum that a guy talked to honda when he had issues. He said they walked him through his issue, and they resolved it on the phone. Worth a shot, as they may know how long it would take to import and such. This is the number

Support
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 1-888-528-7876.

I have similar issue, except when I try to import phone book only fraction of my contacts show up to import. Does that contacts need to be saved a certain way on phone in order to import?

I have similar issue, except when I try to import phone book only fraction of my contacts show up to import. Does that contacts need to be saved a certain way on phone in order to import?
Hello, If the contacts are on your SIM, they will not import.

For the person using the Verizon phone, the Samsung site: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa...557&PROD_SUB_ID=561&PROD_ID=1645&AT_ID=154825 shows that you support PBAP which is what the navigation system uses to fetch your phone book, I would make sure that your phone is up to date (dial 611) and do a full reset on it, remove all your settings from the navi, and try to pair again, make sure that all your contacts are not on a sim (this is a verizon phone, so that doesn't apply) but Verizon is known for crippling bluetooth profiles. Make sure your phonebook doesn't have names with weird characters and names that are longer than 32 characters, see if the navi even imports your previous calls (under call log).

I'm not seeing your phone on the supported list - on the right hand side, it has dropdowns for your car/make/model - and phone model.
I agree with you, thanks!

Back