Trouble with Skunk2 Springs. Getting Frustrated.

tommygunz904

jacksonville florida
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Ok. So I had skun2 lowering springs installed about a month ago, and I'm literally about to put my stock ones back on until I can afford coilovers. I have suspension noise anytime the car moves. Not like a creaking but more of a clapping like the whole assembly is moving.

Has anyone else had issues like this? I've read about people have other issues(wrong front springs, not cutting bump stops) but this seems different.

The springs should be worn in because they have been on for a month (4k miles)

HELP. IM MAD>

^^ That right there helped reduce the noise of my skunk2s when going over bumps, potholes, or uneven road. When I turn my steering wheel without moving or moving really slow I get like a stretching noise of some sort. I just make sure im always going foward quickly when turning the wheel a lot :p

I shouldnt have to buy the Tein rubber covers, the springs should work fine by themselves. or skunk2 shouldNt be selling them.
you can go to lowes/home depot and buy some plastic tubing by the foot. It'd be quite inexpensive if you want to give it a shot.

I decided I'm going to put coilovers on my credit card wIll I run into the same rubbing issues that I do with my springs it turns out the spring has been rubbing on other suspension components

@tommygunz904 8th gen skunk2 springs with rear isolator right? IMO. Get those the hell off your car. ASAP. I know I've been there. Creaking noises, uneven drop. I did this to my car too.
I destroyed, I think it was my front lower tie bar and burned through my two front tires. They do not sit correctly and are dangerous for your suspension. Save up for proper 9th gen coilover suspension. I've put rubber tubing too there is no quick fix. Ditched them. Put oem back on. Lesson learned.

Webby If im willing to spend 900... what would be the coiloveR with the least amount of problems
I truly do not know. I don't have a lot of experience with coils, or know how the available 9th options will hold up. I've seen a few complaints about d2's on here, but beyond that.... not much negative that I can recall.

The technician at my work who looked at it said that you could spIn the spring around that the top rubber housing wasn't keeping in place

I did the 8th gen skunks with rear isolators on my 9th coupe with 16mm camber bolts then did a front wheel alighnment at first for like a month and a half I was hearing some popping noise when the car was still and turned the wheel and now nothing not even a peep and just did my oil change and I looked under the front end while it was up and all is good so maybe it's just a break in thing ???
But I did cut my bump stops about 3/4 of an inch and used the top spring covers from my old springs too

I'm still ok tho .

I had my springs re-installed by a "better" mechanic. The front ones still make noises over little bumps at speeds under 50mph. I think I need to get coilovers....
Do the coilovers have the same opportunity to make squeeks over little bumps. If i spend 1000+180 labor and deal with the same noises. i will kill myself. literally.

Back