Troubling numbers

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys,

I just got my car tuned and was disappointed by the numbers.
I have an Si with an Injen intake, Ultimate Racing catted downpipe, and Tsudo exhaust.
Got it back from the tuner and he got me 206whp. It's a respectable performance shop so I don't think it was the tuner, but I was expecting about 215whp.

My question is, do you think there is something wrong with 206? Or was it just my expectation of 215 was too high?
Thanks...

nothing wrong with 206... a lot can come down to the dyno itself. What kind of dyno was it? How does it feel now that it's tuned??? Dyno sheet?

welcome to the 200whp club! :cheerleader:

I'll have to check tomorrow what kind of dyno it was, feels great, more responsive and can feel the difference. Gas mileage is ridiculous! It feels like my dash has been stuck at half a tank of gas for a week lol, I'm waiting to run this tank out and then see what my numbers are with the next tank.
Dyno sheet is...somewhere lol I'll have to find it.

I'm guessing this was at the same shop/same dyno? You should post both of the dyno sheets for comparison

It was the same shop and dyno, but he only gave me the after dyno, not the before :/

You don't have an RBC? You won't get the numbers you want without an RBC. That's the required mod that every single person that made 215 hp had that i know of.

You don't have an RBC? You won't get the numbers you want without an RBC. That's the required mod that every single person that made 215 hp had that i know of.
I know, an RBC is in my plans for this summer.

....Gas mileage is ridiculous! It feels like my dash has been stuck at half a tank of gas for a week lol, I'm waiting to run this tank out and then see what my numbers are with the next tank...

This is interesting to me. Most of the time, I notice that people speak about performance improvements in terms of hp, speed, etc....but rarely in terms of gas mileage. I am only driving a LX Coupe -- not an si -- but I am interested in anything I can do to improve the fuel mileage. After you have had a chance to run a few tanks through your car, I would be very interested in knowing how the mileage was effected by the changes you implemented.

P.S. What is an "RBC?"

This is interesting to me. Most of the time, I notice that people speak about performance improvements in terms of hp, speed, etc....but rarely in terms of gas mileage. I am only driving a LX Coupe -- not an si -- but I am interested in anything I can do to improve the fuel mileage. After you have had a chance to run a few tanks through your car, I would be very interested in knowing how the mileage was effected by the changes you implemented.

P.S. What is an "RBC?"

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/rbc-swap-into-9th-gen.6374/#post-131594

P.S. What is an "RBC?"
When the car was stock, i would get about 25 city, 35 highway.
When i put all the bolt-ons before i got tuned, i was getting about 19 city, 28 highway.
After tune, i'm looking at 28 city, 38 highway, so i figure the tune will pay for itself in gas within 3-4 months.

Great information! Thank you for sharing! Am I correct to assume that you had the ECU up-graded ("Flashpro" or something of the like?)

(and Squiggy, thanks for the link)

Great information! Thank you for sharing! Am I correct to assume that you had the ECU up-graded ("Flashpro" or something of the like?)

(and Squiggy, thanks for the link)
Yes I have flashpro, you need it to be able to tune at all.

Back