Subaru Outback Wgn 4dr Wagon H6 Auto 3.6R Limited Midsize
Honda Pilot 2WD 4dr Touring w/RES & Navi Midsize
Volkswagen Jetta Sdn 4dr DSG TDI w/Premium & Nav Small
Nissan Rogue FWD 4dr SL Midsize
Honda Accord Sedan 4dr I4 Auto EX Midsize
Honda Civic Sedan 4dr Auto EX Small
Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan I4 CVT 2.0 S Small

Some of the key findings of the data include:
Honda has five vehicles in the top 10 most popular cars for moms, including the CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, Accord, and Civic.

"The data shows moms prefer vehicles that combine practicality with style," said Kristen Andersson, Senior Analyst at TrueCar.com. "Bigger is not always better when it comes to moms' favorite vehicles as evidenced by the lack of any Large SUVs and only one minivan in the overall top ten."

Nissan has three vehicles in the top 10 most popular cars for moms, including the Altima, Rogue, and Sentra.
Odyssey ranked the highest among moms with two or more kids, thanks to its ability to hold up to eight people as well as 38.4 cubic-feet of cargo. The Honda Pilot, which ranked fifth overall, came in second place among moms with two or more kids, also attributable to its ability to carry up to eight passengers and 18 cubic feet of cargo.

With manufacturer's suggested retail pricing of $37,855 and $40,200, the Honda Odyssey and Pilot are the two most expensive vehicles on the list. The two least expensive vehicles on the list were the Honda Civic and Nissan Sentra small sedans, with MSRPs of $21,445 and $19,140, making them favorites among small families with small budgets.

Back