Trunk closing seems too laud and unsupported.

Zo

canada
Vehicle Model
Body Style
Sedan
2012 LX sedan urban titanium metallic.
It seems as if when closing the trunk its a bar hit and cheap laud noise, not like the more softer feel of closing the trunk on the toyota corolla.
Any one else experiencing this and if so, is there anything to put in to make it more smooth ?

when you lower it slowly, are you actually feeling it hit something? Like is it coming in contact with something it's not supposed to be touching?

Not that im aware webby, it seems as it is ment to be like this, just metal on metal bare hit laud noice... Also, has any one figured out the temperature gauge for outside and coolant/oil temp on how to get it installed or if it may be added on...thanks

Awesome thank you for the link Webby, im from canada, so hopefully it can be done here. Id like to invest in this....would be great to know if any one else has it or gets it in the future to see how it turns out etc... What are the major/popular upgrades on the EX-LX, that are in talks these days. thanks.

it's a civic brother, not a lexus.

loud door and trunks clanks are something you should get used to.

2012 LX sedan urban titanium metallic.
It seems as if when closing the trunk its a bar hit and cheap laud noise, not like the more softer feel of closing the trunk on the toyota corolla.
Any one else experiencing this and if so, is there anything to put in to make it more smooth ?

The comparison is to a Corolla though. Not a Lexus.

yes I understand that but the civic is nowhere near as refined as a corolla, never has been, never will be.

and by refined I mean quiet and soft and comfortable.

heck going from my Si to LX feels like I'm in a defeatured s550, and then going from my Si to my cousins Corolla puts me in Maybach country. The Corolla is very solid in a grandpa-ish way.

you feel like the corolla is more refined/solid/quiet/soft/comfortable??? Is that a joke?

no that's not a joke at all.

As a matter of fact the Corrolla S is tons more refined and more comfortable then my 2011 FA1 on 15" Hybrid wheels (as comfy a set of wheels and tires you can put on a civic).

It handles like *** in comparison but all the thunks are thunkier and everything is more solid all around.

That's why it the GrandPa's choice in econo cars hands down, that and the Camry.

I get the camry comment. It's been dubbed the cheap Lexus ES for years. Heck, some of the parts were interchangeable between the two cars.

The LX does not come equipped with hood/trunk insulators. This could be the cause of the hollow sound when closing the trunk.

Back