Trying to understand What mods to Make?

FeelinDrewzy

I was told to invest in a Exhaust first then Manifold, Fuel Rail and injectors, then flash pro, then start on suspension...

What are your thoughts?
I just want to buy parts in order from most important to least that won't effect performance of the car? HELP

You really need flashpro & a custom tune to run any downpipe. The downpipe is the biggest bang for your buck power increase. A catback exhaust would be next. An intake has shown to only yield around 4hp on top of the mods listed previously. Fuel rail/injectors - no point unless you're going supercharger/turbo. It will do nothing for you.

I would suggest suspension mods over power mods unless you gotta have the power mods. As @webby said you NEED a flashpro for any performance mod to not only get the most out of it but to also make sure it's safe for the engine. These cars are great handling machines which is half why I bought this over a more powerful vehicle, the other half being the power potential on such a light chassis. Just my 2cents

I went with suspension first because I hate stock ride height and swaying left and right through turns and high speeds.

If you want power, get a downpipe and tune. exhaust is for noise and won't do anything for power unless you have a turbo or supercharger.

If you're wanting more power but not going with boost, try downpipe and flashpro first, then intake & retune, and exhaust last because it just makes the sound different there are minimal gains from a larger exhaust.

The truth is, if you want power you need boost in these Honda engines. plus side is, the performance on these engines is actually quite awesome with boost.

Power: Flashpro, tune, DP. Buy the parts and do it all at once. Car won't run right without FP. Even stock FP and a tune is an excellent place to start. If you want an intake, get a large 3.5" intake like the PRL CAI or SRI. Skunk2 make a massive intake also. Nothing else has had gains worth the $$.

Suspension: Larger rear sway bar, coils or strut/spring combo with a performance alignment. Pick up some front camber bolts and rear camber arms so you can get it singing.

Wheels/Tires: Tires will make more of a difference than anything else. They are the only thing that connects you to the road. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the go-to choice for most people. If you live where it gets cold in the winter you will need a dedicated set of winter wheels. The PSS is a 2 season - maybe 3 season tire. It does not do cold weather well but kicks *** most of the year wet or dry.

If you have a limited budget do the suspension stuff first followed by Flashpro and a tune.

Best bang for your buck is: Larger rear sway bar and flash pro.

Back