Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

Exhaust is too buzzy. After a weekend surrounded by SIs at hte dragon, I do not miss the exhaust sound. Sorry. The truth is painful for some but I don't.

I found this from a few years ago.. Rick was riding beetch. ( yes KDW's suck)
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg108/rwmcms/?action=view&current=M4V00468-1.mp4

rofl Dawn.

I miss the sound of the blower, but that's about it. Such a long time ago!

I remember that car.

Jeff and that ATLSi kid rode with me on night runs last night. On the way back from the turn around I was pushing it pretty hard.

The best part was the Friday drive into N.GA, ETF was leading and took us through some really good roads, more challenging than the dragon in some parts IMO.

While they were driving, we were on a boat.

It was a lot like this:

Exhaust is too buzzy. After a weekend surrounded by SIs at hte dragon, I do not miss the exhaust sound. Sorry. The truth is painful for some but I don't.

Hopefully Keith will post his gopro videos soon so we can get some boxer rumble here :giggle: I'm working on the exhaust videos and should hopefully have something in a few weeks.

Yeah, we drive those roads on the way up to the dragon and on the way back. I don't go up there much anymore but they are some amazing roads. If you ever come back down I'll have to show you a nice run with everything from tight hairpin switches to 100mph sweepers. lol :hiding:

Dawn, I agree. Didn't like the exhaust. I don't like Z's either. I could throw up at the sound of a VQ. ( don't hate)
I miss the whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee not the buzzzzzzzbraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Yeah, we drive those roads on the way up to the dragon and on the way back. I don't go up there much anymore but they are some amazing roads. If you ever come back down I'll have to show you a nice run with everything from tight hairpin switches to 100mph sweepers. lol :hiding:

Dawn, I agree. Didn't like the exhaust. I don't like Z's either. I could throw up at the sound of a VQ. ( don't hate)
I miss the whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee not the buzzzzzzzbraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

you mean this?:

That's what Z's sound like to me. Zoe sounded like an angry chewbacca.

I think Zs sound better with an x pipe on them.

Actually, on my 10hr drive home, I'm starting to get sick of the sound/drone of mine. I might get something quieter next year.

Being around SI exhaust all weekend make me happy I got rid of my Vibrant. Especially after I was behind the catless queen with a skunk 2 76mm.

This is where I get hesitant with modding. I wanna supercharge, but I can't deal with the damn exhaust noise.

Si can run 2nd gear only on the dragon but your motor will scream.... I know that Ken would run in 2nd and I would run in 2nd in my LX with no problem...

I ran in 2nd most of the time - reflashed to 8600 rpm. I can't understand why he would allow himself to reach 9000 rpm in 2nd. There would be a couple of occasions I thought I would shift up to 3rd for a few seconds on a straightaway. I also ran Star Specs, and found their limits, where the front end would push through a curve because of understeer. I did this trying to follow Robert one time.

I ran the snot out of my Si, always kept up with anyone, except Robert, and never had an issue.

Maybe he did not keep his oilpan full? Maybe accidentally downshifted into first gear?

The beauty of having a car that will pull over 1.8G lateral on street tires.. lol
The downside is that it isn't a good daily like your Si was, or a good cruiser like your Vette is, Ken.

Lots of variables with the "blown" motor. Hopefully I will find out from the local gossip on what really happened..

The key to the Si's handling is a metric f*ckton of negative camber up front ( needs at least -3 to deal with the inherent understeer) and nice sticky tires. It still leaves plenty to be desired though. I got the chance to drive Biohazard's '08 S2000 CR at the track this weekend. On stock re070's, stock suspension, I ran a time only 4 seconds slower than my M3. VERY impressed with it. ( I only did 5 laps too)

I know that the catless black coupe was having major oil usage problems, he checked it on the skyway and was below the bottom dot.

Both Sis and WRXs are understeering pigs, there's not arguing physics, the engine over the front axle is going to make a car push. I was running -1.75 front camber and a big rear sway on medium just to get the back end to twitch slightly around the dragon hairpins. I wish I can pick up a nice used S2K next year, put some nice sticky tires on it and just cruise around corners that were making the tires on the WRX squeal like a pig farm.

Speaking of sway, Jason, I'm going to sell my endlinks. I really dislike them.

good choice, get the kartboys

I'm actually gonna sell the exhaust and put the stock one back on, it's starting to get annoying on the highway. Keeping the rear sway and endlinks

Want moar fun roads to drive!
The friday's GA drive was tough, much tougher than the dragon due to speeds into tight corners with debris being kicked up at you (baseball bat sized log... wasn't bad at all overall, just referencing one incident)

Yes, he didn't bring any parents, basically what Josh said about running at 9k is right. He was on the Friday group drive through GA and was driving like a madman to keep up with the front cars.
That kid wasn't too far behind me on the GA cruise. When after a bunch of corners, he would be behind the front 6 but would fly on the straights to catch back up

Back