Turbo on '12 Si

V_Kam

Detroit
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
4-door
So getting a turbo with my engine is a long term goal for my ride.
My train of thought behind this is; Get a 2nd tier turbo from full race and an exhaust to work with it. Reprogram the ECU accordingly and have a cold air intake. Then you would conceivably have a daily driver that got great gas mileage and ran 13's in the quarter mile.

How much horse do you think it would get, 260+? Do you think the mpg would drop off much when in 6th gear?

you might want to think about a comptech or jackson racing supercharger setup if you're wanting numbers around 260. Granted nothing is out to give set numbers, but that should be a fair estimate.

full race 8th member -
Just thought I'd pop in and give a long term review of the Full-Race GT3076R Turbo Kit. I think I am the only member with the entire kit on and used the longest. The kit was installed first week of March 2010 with a few of my buddies, mainly Full-Race Andrew. The kit was installed in 12 hours time, and then a few days later, tuned by the legendary Jeff Evans. The car made 435whp on 91 octane pump @ 12lbs, and 568whp on 100 octane pump @ 17lbs on a stock engine with 82,000 miles on it.
====

I think members with their smallest turbo were still in the low 300's up

So getting a turbo with my engine is a long term goal for my ride.
My train of thought behind this is; Get a 2nd tier turbo from full race and an exhaust to work with it. Reprogram the ECU accordingly and have a cold air intake. Then you would conceivably have a daily driver that got great gas mileage and ran 13's in the quarter mile.

How much horse do you think it would get, 260+? Do you think the mpg would drop off much when in 6th gear?
How would you have a CAI with a turbo?

NICE numbers. Yeah it is mostly just my ignorance as far as the numbers go, i really dont need 260 for any paticular reason 300+ is cool with me,lol.
It would be sweet to hang with mustangs at the track though, probaly blow some minds.
As far the CAI goes with turbo, that could be my lack of knowlege too. I was speaking with my buddy on it and it was my understanding that a turbo(thanks to 'How Stuff Works.com') is basically a closed loop feeding the intake off from the exhaust but he didnt agree.
I guess my question would then be how do you draw in fresh air on a turbo?

Do you loose a lot of fuel economy when running with a turbo? Because I love having the best of both worlds as far as being able to race around when i want and then driving like a grandma to save fuel.

260hp is pretty low for a turboed Si. Lol.

Best pic I could find

737_Supercharger_Information_Diagram_how_to_Install_a_Supercharger.jpg

It looks like a cold air intake in ways...

Gas will depend on boost, injectors used, etc. 300hp turbo civic setup can get good #s on gas mpg. I'd have to find examples...but jro could chime in on his supercharger mpgs

Great pic, hat's in line of what I had thought on how turbo's are set up. Thank's for the info, I appreciate it.

Back