Turbo or Supercharger ... which and why ????

comptech also spoke with me yesterday saying they'll be giving me some updates on products in the very near future.

KraftWerks just released their kit for the 8ths....took them awhile...I can't to see what C/T Engineering has done with their 9th....

were there other options besides comptech and jackson for the previous civic? I didn't pay a large amount of attention to the superchargers out there...

Agreed with the comments made by Jro.

turbo - lag on power, but once the turbo spools - more HP, skys the limit on power (based on budget). Look at bisimoto - he hit 1000hp on a turbo setup
sc - cheaper, quicker power, easier install

tuning- hondata is working on a solution per conversations I've had with Doug
full-race - they will discuss their solution for tuning in the coming months when their kit is released.

It should be interesting. Previous civic owners had to wait like ~3yrs before tuning/forced induction was possible.

There's a solution to "Turbo-Lag"... its pretty pricey but the solution is ball-bearing conversions on a large turbo housing setup that is connected to a relatively small turbo housing ball-bearing conversion. In plain english, Twin Turbo set up with both housings being ball bearing conversions. Smaller housing to spool up quickly and picking up the slack for the larger housing so it spools up quicker.

Back