Turbo

mirso1995

Hey guys I have a stock 2013 civic si and I'm looking to turbo it in the future but I don't even know where to begin I want the best turbo I can get that comes with power and reliability please comment and give me some advice. Thank you ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416865973.121669.jpg

It doesn't let me open that
are you on your phone? Use the actual browser instead of tapatalk?

"Forced Induction & Nitrous Oxide"
whole section for people with superchargers/turbo applications.

Well the first thing you need to do is decide how much power you want to make. Up to a certain point a supercharger can provide very similar power levels but with instantly available power.

You need to pick how much power you want to make because that will determine the turbo you go with. You need to match the turbo properly because as cool as a huge turbo under the hood looks it may not work at all for the kind of driving you are going to be doing. Match the turbo size to your power goals and driving. I huge turbo can produce tons of power but only if you have enough exhaust gasses to spin that thing up. Bigger turbo = more air volume and more power but that takes pressure and that means turbo lag. The volume of air a turbo can move is as important as the psi number. A big turbo moving more air can make more power at a lower psi than a small turbo spinning it's brains out.

You'll need to do a ton of reading. Also you can consult with vitviper, since you'll definitely need flash pro and a tune. He's your go to guy for tuning.

First thing: How much power do you want/need?

I don't need a crazy amount of power it's my daily but I do want to be glued to my seat when I rip it. Somewhere between fun and reliable. Of course I'm gonna do a lot of reading it's gonna take quite some time before I actually start ordering parts. I really appreciate the reply btw

Decide on whether or not you'd like to go Supercharger or Turbocharger first. That'll determine which supporting mods are necessary. You'll learn that spinning your tires gets old quick.

How much power do you want? Maybe you can achieve your HP goal with bolt on parts to avoid spending a lot of money on turbo.

Agreed, pick a power goal. Like Nix said, if relatively reasonable you may want to consider getting a supercharger instead

So you want 65HP more than you have now? Then forget about a turbo and get Flash Pro, Downpipe, PRL CAI, RBC IM, Throttle body and you're set.

So you want 65HP more than you have now? Then forget about a turbo and get Flash Pro, Downpipe, PRL CAI, RBC IM, Throttle body and you're set.
Realistically, that is really no more than a 50whp gain. Not to mention most of the power is unusable unless you are redlining it.

Realistically, that is really no more than a 50whp gain. Not to mention most of the power is unusable unless you are redlining it.

Agreed, but it's still a lot cheaper than getting a turbo or blower. Unless he wants to make 300-400whp. Also he never told us what he's budget is.

It adds up very quickly when you add supporting mods.

Just with the mods listed above, you are easily looking at $2500 and those are simply supporting mods for forced induction. (Excluding the RBC if going supercharged.) Not to mention tacking on the cost for a new clutch.

Back