Turn on interior LED when door is open

Necromancer

Hello 9th gen civic,

I am in the process of installing some interior led controlled by an Arduino in my 2014 Civic SI. I want to make it so that when you open the door, LEDs will turn on automatically and when you close the door, LEDs will turn off automatically. Is there any way I can use the signal from the dome lights? or is there a fuse i can tap into to get the required signal?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Just tap into the dome light, since that is exactly what the dome does when opening/closing the door.

Just tap into the dome light, since that is exactly what the dome does when opening/closing the door.

Is there fuse accessible from under the steering wheel? Or do i have to pry open the dom lights and run a wire down to under the steering wheel?

There should be a fuse down in the interior fuse "box" below the steering wheel. Just not sure which one it is....

Check some of the threads where members are doing interior lighting?

There should be a fuse down in the interior fuse "box" below the steering wheel. Just not sure which one it is....

Check some of the threads where members are doing interior lighting?
I found the fuse, but unfortunately it is not in the interior fuse box but in the engine area fuse box. Is there a way to get the wire from the external fuse box to inside of the car?

Down by the brake pedal there is a black rubber grommet/plug that runs through the firewall. It'd be easier to tap at the dome and just run it down under the dash I think.

+ lead to a 12volt constant source and - lead to pink wire @ below dash fuse box, 28 pin plug, pin 18.

Back