Twitch's R18 build

Twitch

Levittown, NY
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Coupe
So long over due but I've been trying to get around to this.

Updated August 25, 2015
Exterior:
HFP underbody spoilers
Modified H emblems with lime green field
Custom R 18 emblems with lime green overlay
G2 Painted calipers with civic vinyl overlay
3M CF roof overlay
OEM Fog lights with lime green overlay
Plasti dip rear valance

Interior:
Upholstered door panel insert and arm rest
Modulo sport pedals
Ambient lighting kit, modified green and glove box led
Yospeed door sills, again painted green
Yospeed cup holder cover, custom R18 engraving
All weather mats
LED map/dome/trunk lights

Under the Hood:
Ktuner, tuned by Vit
Injen CAI, painted green of course
8th Gen HFP Sport Muffler
P2R throttle body spacer
CHH sport horn
Hayden transmission cooler
VMS racing radiator cap, green
Blackworks racing oil cap, green

Suspension + Wheels:
8th gen HFP 18" 7 spoke alloy wheels in carbon bronze
S2000 black lug nuts
Eibach Pro Plus kit
Koni Yellow inserts
Moog sway bay end links
Goodridge SS brake lines
FKX trunk brace
FKX strut tower brace

Lighting:
UAE projectors
Morimoto elite H11 6000k
LED corner markers

Future mods:
Who knows....

Some pics

gKK7Ulp.jpg

7HtXvIS.jpg

rzQZIs6.jpg

Q2GHyGK.jpg

kv4plgT.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380158507.858154.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380158521.974433.jpg

More to follow.

Last edited:
Nice build. And I'm digging the green.

So far so good :thumb: I'm digging the PMM/green combo. Can't wait to see how the push start turns out.

Nice seeing something different ... green accents are a nice idea. The hfp wheels look great with your paint

Thanks for the warm reception guys. I'll try to keep this updated as I go. Looks like I might be getting the button and dash pieces tomorrow!!

Welcome! :wavey: Very nice! :thumb:

Will there be lime green wheels in your future? :excited:

I have thought about it. I really like the varrstoen es2 powder coated lime green. I just think it would be too loud for me. I might do the inside only and leave the face. Or maybe go with the Assetto gara.

It's like Christmas after work!! Got the Asian spec dash with the push start cutout and hazard switch. Thanks Team3d. Can't wait for my TL button to show up tomorrow so I can get this installed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380233811.717385.jpg

I've been debating cf wrapping the dash like the '13s. Anyone got any opinions on this?

Welcome Twitch! Lov'n the car and will be following the progress.
Could you post a close up picture of your green Yospeed door sills/cup holder cover? Still would like to know how you painted those so nicely.
Would also like to see the calipers with Civic vinyl. (Man, I ask for a lot.)
Did you put the Si Axelback on? How was the figment for your coupe?

Last edited:
Welcome Twitch! Lov'n the car and will be following the progress.
Could you post a close up picture of your green Yospeed door sills/cup holder cover? Still would like to know how you painted those so nicely.
Would also like to see the calipers with Civic vinyl. (Man, I ask for a lot.)
Did you put the Si Axelback on? How was the figment for your coupe?

You ask a lot but shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll see what I can get too tomorrow for pictures. I can tell you about some of it now.

Painting - use a very small brush. I know it's stupid advise but there's not much too it. Get a really small brush and some patience and take your time. There's no quick or easy way. You need to use enamel to get it to last. Aka Testors model paint or similar. If you want to experiment use latex paint. It had the look but can be washed off if you make a mistake or don't like it.

Old caliper pic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380239834.089099.jpg
I painted these with VHT spray paint and have since redone with G2 brush on. This is of the spray. It was cheap quick and easy and didn't last more than 8 months even with a ton of clear coat. I'll get the pic of the new G2 tomorrow it's so much better. Hard finish, good shine and easy to apply. Just takes time.

Axel back - this we know didn't fit. I got it on but it wasn't perfect. The Si is just a much bigger diameter. The holes don't like up and the pipes aren't really sealed. I got it to fit using some washers and ingenuity. I did not drill out the holes like others have. I have a good seal on it now and it sounds good. A rig isn't my style so I'm debating something that's supposed to work. I'm just not sure if I want to wait and go full exhaust system or do the takeda right now.

They look amazing painted. Much like!
I couldn't decide between the Yospeed door sills or the illuminated ones. I bought the illuminated ones, but I never though of painting the Yospeed ones.

Great looking rims.

They look amazing painted. Much like!
I couldn't decide between the Yospeed door sills or the illuminated ones. I bought the illuminated ones, but I never though of painting the Yospeed ones.

I wanted to do this with my cupholder cover, but I thought someone had said that they tried and had issues with the paint running into the texture of the coating.

I wanted to do this with my cupholder cover, but I thought someone had said that they tried and had issues with the paint running into the texture of the coating.
Looks like Twitch has this figured out. Would like to see pics of it too. :)

Calipers again but with the new paint. I would highly recommend G2 caliper paint. It takes a long time to dry but if you have a day to not drive the car it's totally worth it. Hard shell that's always glossy even today before the wash. last wash was a month ago already eke how awful of me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380403753.689066.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380403763.588709.jpg

Close up of the painted door sills. My secret is still to use latex paint. Yes it's not permanent but think of it as paintable plasti dip. Same look but you can remove it of you want a change or make a mistake.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380403844.491504.jpg
Like this one that I decided to remove the border on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380403866.555157.jpg
Yikes, gotta touch up the I a bit. Apparently I drag my feet. Oh well that's why it's there.

Back