TWM Performance Beware

Ar0maticdecay

Disclaimer: I did know their return policy before ordering, but worked out a different arrangement with them. I'm also a return customer and had no issues with other purchases. It's kinda like on this forum A lot of people order short shifters for their si. Twm would make posts everday but wouldn't answer any of the questions about the order or the coupon codes not working till a week later.

As u all can see i was interested in ordering a Twm Spooky Knob for my 12 Si. I was unsure of how it would look and couldn't find any picture of it (why i made the thread trying to see if anyone of you purchased one). I spoke to the salesmen on the phone to try and get some better pictures of it but they didn't have any currently. He was so sure that i would like the knob (aside from their normal policy) that if i wanted to exchange it for something else they would pay return shipping and wave the restocking fee (i pay shipping for the new knob). Seeing as this took away the risk of the purchase (except for losing the initial shipping fee) i ordered it.

After the purchase was completed i realized he never gave me the total for my purchase. I called back to get the total and it was higher then it should have been. I found out he decided to add on the Shift boot retainer without my permission. After asking for a return he tried to give me a free key chain and wrist band. After i kept pushing for a refund from him he did.

So i get the knob. It's a nice knob just wasn't what i was looking for i wanted to return it. Called no answer so i left a message. I got no call back. This monday i called and spoke with renato. I told him the situation and gave him all the info. He said if the salesmen agreed to those terms then it wouldn't be a problem. He said he would have someone call me back shortly to set everything up. No one ever called me.

I called back on tuesday morning and spoke with renato again. He sounded surprised no one called me back. He went and spoke to someone else and came back and said they would wave the restocking fee but not the shipping. I asked him why when that was the agreement. He put someone else on the phone. The person he put on the phone sounds like the person who took the order but i'm not 100% sure. This guy was a complete AHOLE. From the second he got on the phone he was yelling and getting a huge attitude. I was keeping my cool trying to explain what was going on he didn't want to hear a thing. I tried to get his name a few times and he said yelling "I'M NOT PLAYING THIS NAME GAME YOUR NOT GETTING IT" . He was telling me they bent over backwards for me and they gave me a huge discount. I got a 15% off coupon from their Easter event. If they don't like giving out discounts they shouldn't have had the event. He straight up said to me whatever the sales person agreed to we're not going to honor it (. After going back and fourth for a few min i knew i wouldn't get anywhere with his guy and said i will let my CC company handle it. that one really pissed him off.

The spooky knob isn't used and is it the same condition as they sent it to me. All i wanted to do was send it back and exchange it per our agreement. I just wanted a different knob and had no problem paying to have the new one shipped to my house. It's one thing to deny me but it's another to yell and get a huge attitude while doing it. I'm an honest guy and i hate to be called a liar. This has got to be the WORST customer service i've ever experienced. I will never buy another on of their products again.

Last edited:
Wow, there is nothing I hate more than S#itty customer service. Sorry to hear that man.

Not sure how much their restocking fee is, but it's sad they would lose (a) customer(s) and $X00.00 over a few dollars.

I really haven't heard anything bad about TWM til now. Sorry to hear about your inconvenience.

They are no longer vendors with 9thcivic. I talked with them in pm after multiple users were not getting answers to questions in their sales threads.

When I asked that TWM respond, people wrote stuff like this in their sales thread-
Mikex18 said:
Twm gonna twm... this is nothing new....
webby said:
And they don't have to be vendors either.

After going back and forth with them countless times in PM, they said they had 15 other forums they were busy with. I'm sorry for any issues people had. Keep me posted on what happens with your cc company, or your refund. PM me if you'd like it to be kept private. I'll work with you.

This seems to be the " new school " way of doing business... Nothing in stock,3rd party vendors,just in time... Also why it's important to see how others have faired with the vendor on these forums. I stick to the buyer beware principal. This is good info on this company as now I will stay away from them if I need to buy something in the future,thanks for the info.

im very surprised to hear this! when i spoke to them and purchased my knob they were fantastic and knowledgable. I thought that some of the responses were a little strange for there short shifter....

I've never had an experience with TWM I would consider to be good. I've talked with several of their staff on the phone and they seem to always have a kind of *******, condescending tone in their voice. I think it's weird there are people posting that they've had really positive experiences with them. Your bar for customer service must be REALLY low.

The only reason I've ever ordered from TWM is because they have no competition: their product is simply superior. I see all these holes in the automotive aftermarket and I want to start businesses to fill these holes and drive the morons out of business. There's a huge problem, though: the customers of this market are generally moronic children and couldn't care less about customer service or product quality. They want what's popular and that's it. Apparently, in the automotive aftermarket world, having good customer service doesn't make you popular and having poor customer service doesn't take away from popularity.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I was thinking of ordering a knob from them, but that's not the kind of business I like to work with. Time to shop around.

Did you guys see their latest product? It's a set of lug nuts that costs over $700 for our cars. :omg:

That sucks that TWM is gone, but good business has to coincide with good customer service. People are starting to dislike the HR CAI though bc the owners are saying that the MAF housing is very flimsy.

Holy **** those lug nuts. If I ever see anyone with those I will definitely make fun of them.

Holy **** those lug nuts. If I ever see anyone with those I will definitely make fun of them.
I guess you just saw the price on their website. lol.

This sucks... I have never really had a problem with them.. Wonder what's going on with there management...

Back