Ulitmate Racing Exhaust + Torque Solutions Mounts = Problem?

iShift_6

Sitting in Traffic
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So after doing some research on here, perhaps not enough, I ordered an Ultimate racing exhaust system, down-pipe and dual muffler cat-back. After reading about some of the rattling with the Full-Race setup I ordered a full set of Torque Solutions Exhaust Mounts, just to be safe. The mount for the axel-back and "90 degree mount" fit perfectly. However the two smaller mounts, the front mount on the mid-pipe and one on the down-pipe do not fit. The holes in the mounts are too big by .070". Photo attached.

DSCN4157.JPG

Has anyone else had a problem like this with either the Full-Race or Ultimate Racing systems?
I'm thinking it may just be an incompatibility of parts, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If I were you, I'd take the mount to my local hardware store and see what they would recommend as a filler, and just use some type of rubber filler to make the hole smaller.

To be even more honest, I'd throw it on with those mounts and then just stuff some gorilla glue in the gaps. But that's just me...

I thought people were only having the rattle in the back and the stiffer rear most mount was all that was needed. Have you tried running the system with the stock mounts in the locations these new ones don't quite fit? If you don't have issues and run just the two that do fit I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't think the rattle is as common with the ultimate racing compared to full race. Ultimate racing fits better IMO but the 2 piece downpipe has it's own issues.
Either way, the mounts will help.

Back