ultimate racing downpipe

Not sure where you got that info...UR claimed 20whp gain where RV6 claimed only 13whp gain. Please note that I used the word 'claim' and in no way advertise that those numbers are accurate. I'm simply saying they nowhere indicate that those 2 pieces produced the same results.
UR claimed 20whp gain with their 3inch cat-back straight,how I know because I email them. so 3inch cat down pipe with 3inch straight cat-back.= 20hp gain.

well, that shows a 3" exhaust provides decent gains over stock

UR claimed 20whp gain with their 3inch cat-back straight,how I know because I email them. so 3inch cat down pipe with 3inch straight cat-back.= 20hp gain.

Your comment was that they showed the same gain. And I know the 20whp gain was with their 3" cat-back. My point was that nowhere does it say that their downpipe gains were the same.

Just installed the 2nd muffler on the exhaust. Cabin in is almost 100 % drone free and I barely notice the exhaust tone when I drive. I will get a rev video and possibly drive by video to compare from my previous video. And now since I can hear myself talk or think inside the cabin I have also noticed a whistling sound. Sounds pretty cool.

If you were to compare the 20 whp gains on the UR setup from 3" dp and exhaust to 13whp on RV6 dp on the same dyno, numbers would be more like 13whp for RV6 & 16whp gains for UR. Both companies dyno'd on different machines. Others from the 9thgencivic site compared numbers, adjusted numbers based of comparable data to come up with these numbers.

So if, UR gets 16whp from 3" dp & exhaust. We only need an exhaust system say from, Magnaflow, G-Reddy, CT Engineering, or even RV6, etc... to show gains of 3 more whp to equal the same as UR's total setup. Seems that exhaust systems gain more than 3whp.
But we have to remember that we don't have flashpro for any of this.

I don't plan on SC or Turbo'ing. Do you think 2.5" or 3" would be better for my setup? Injen CAI, P2R TBS, hopefully dp & exhaust soon!

lol, the faces were funny. I just wish that damn gopro sounded better. The exhaust sounds nice and aggressive, but I guess I won't really know how it sounds until I see it in person. Also, seems like there's quite a bit of drone when you let up on the throttle at high rpms.

Back