ultimate racing downpipe

my friend had the catted downpipe..it barely made 4months since he has it... and the cat is dead... lots of rattles he's talking with UR now to see waht can be done!..He will change for a catless if its possible!!

Out of curiosity, how does one know when the cat is dead?

my friend had the catted downpipe..it barely made 4months since he has it... and the cat is dead... lots of rattles he's talking with UR now to see waht can be done!..He will change for a catless if its possible!!
I would love to know what the outcome is after your friend speaks to UR. Keep us up to date please.

I already own the Ultimate Racing 3" Catback with the straight mid-pipe, i think the UR 3" Catted Downpipe is somewhat expensive. It starts at $400 US + you need to add 100/150 for a cat.... that is almost what i paid for the catback!

I wish UR offered a discount for the DP if you already have their exhaust

I already own the Ultimate Racing 3" Catback with the straight mid-pipe, i think the UR 3" Catted Downpipe is somewhat expensive. It starts at $400 US + you need to add 100/150 for a cat.... that is almost what i paid for the catback!

Or a package price

I got my catted UR downpipe on cyber monday.
I got the metal cat, so normal price would've been $550+shipping
On cyber monday, under $400 shipped.
If you can wait, i'm sure they'll have the same or an even better deal this year.

can't really hurt to email/call and ask if they'd offer a package price for you

Yes still very loud over stock.... You get a nice deep drone inside the cabin and the resonator smooths out the exhaust tone from a raspy sound to a deeper sounding exhaust sound. I ran strait pipe when I first had the exhaust and driving by school yards kids would cover their ears because it was so loud.

My ur dp vibrated so much that the two bolts that hold it in blew off and that happened twice. Replaced it with smaller bolts and locked it up with 3 caps locked into each other. Man was it annoyingly loud even at 2k rpms. Sounded awesome when just starting out cold.

Out of curiosity, how does one know when the cat is dead?
how does a cat die after only a few months, I thought catalytic converters last years. I was going to go with the high flow cat but know i don't know

I got a question for you guys...

When S2KJAY recorded this video he did not have the secondary muffler aka the dual muffler right???

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gte247JY3UI&list=UUuJrRMIAH3Xv0w98Fi-nZig

Then he said.. *stated*
S2KJAY said:
Ummm.... Can we say REDICULOUS?? WHAT A DIFFERENCE! More power, DP is half the weight of stock, and the exhaust sounds like a dream, then when you floor it, theres nothing holding you back! I LOVE THIS DP, Best Mod of All time for this car, hands down. Videos to come tomorrow, which Webby will watermark and upload imediately after. Guy's, I love being the ginny pig. NOW I must insist that everyone buy the UR Exhaust w/ the 2nd muffler midpipe option. Without, it will be too loud. This setup allows you to have the same flow with zero restriction but sounding like a CLEAN, expensive non raspy exhaust system. Again, there is NO advantage of buying the straight pipe mid section. It will just make it sound like ****. 2nd muffler option all the way, hands down. Heres a couple of pictures to hold yall over till tomorrow.

Then with this video you get the Ultimate racing Dual muffler set up you get this clean deep tone with no rasp or hissing noise right???

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdwbjKaOkMU&list=UUuJrRMIAH3Xv0w98Fi-nZig

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sp5otEXzbo

I just wanted to figure out the difference between the two.. plus with the dual muffler set up still get you the same flow with zero restriction and you get a clean sound and deep note! correct?

Back