Updates on R18z1 for Tuning?

sk8nava

Slugger City, KY
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan
I've been lurking around and found out that the 8thgen turbo kits will bolt right up to the 9ths, but was curious if anything has been heard about FlashPro for the 8ths at all? Looking to boost for 2013 but I don't want to buy a kit and not be able to run it because there has not been any ECU tuning options for us.

If anyone knows or hears any info of this, please post it here!

no info on hondata for the 2012 1.8 liter yet :(

but if your going to run stock pistons rods etc there no need to tune cuz the most u can run is 8lbs

Hmm...didn't know that. I know they dont make internals for the r18 except the cam they fabbed for the 8thgen, assuming it would be the same on ours but even if i wanted to run upgraded iunternals, there is none available. As far as the kit then, would it just be straight up plug & play? I wouldnt need any tune at all?
Sounds kinda strange, but I would only be running no more than 6lbs...i just want something a little more quick and fun.

The r18z1 is same internals all the r18a1 internals work. Thy have everything out from pistons, rods, sleeves, to valves, springs, retainers the difference is mounting position/points rest should be the same. Ecu is different due to imid but should be easy to make a harness to make it work

fullrace told me the ignition setup on the 2012+ is not the same as the 8th gen. Something about the pulse being different between the two. That caused them some headaches trying to get the 8th gen ecu to piggyback for sema. Not saying it couldn't be done,... just may take someone making the proper harness to piggyback the 8th gen ecu to the r18.

but if your going to run stock pistons rods etc there no need to tune cuz the most u can run is 8lbs

ugh...

Hmm...didn't know that. I know they dont make internals for the r18 except the cam they fabbed for the 8thgen, assuming it would be the same on ours but even if i wanted to run upgraded iunternals, there is none available. As far as the kit then, would it just be straight up plug & play? I wouldnt need any tune at all?
Sounds kinda strange, but I would only be running no more than 6lbs...i just want something a little more quick and fun.

yes it would have to be tuned, which would require a way to tune it such as flashpro. please don't listen to what izzy said

i was saying that if u werent putin internals thn your pretty limited but if your not thn youll b fine u jus need a tune

Well, seems like right now the best option is to wait :/ I want to boost but I also dont want to create a headache with more "trial and error" than I need. I'll keep doing research, but any info found out or that you come across, PLEASE post in here as I would like to know!

Thank you your your guys' insight and info!

Back