Upgrading an EX Sedan

Schaef

I've had my car for a year now, and that whole time I was never quite sure if it would really be mine for the long haul, or if I'd trade it in for a 2011 CR-Z in a deal my father was offering me

But now that I've decided to keep my baby, I can finally start upgrading it
I already have plans for plastidiping the fake chrome on the front, but I'm also interested in some engine upgrades that are fairly cheap (couple hundred dollars each at the most), add to mileage and power, and are easily changed back to standard if I do choose to sell the car

I know of cold air intakes, but I don't know any advantages or disadvantages to the different types or brands

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure if there are any performance mods for the non-Si's. What do you mean by "if I'd trade it in for a 2011 CR-Z in a deal my father was offering me"? Does your dad work at a Honda dealership?

I'm not sure if there are any performance mods for the non-Si's. What do you mean by "if I'd trade it in for a 2011 CR-Z in a deal my father was offering me"? Does your dad work at a Honda dealership?
No, he's just looking at buying a new Camry, but he also loved my Civic, so he said that if I wanted, he'd take my car and buy me another car in exchange

some users have installed the injen intake made for the 2006+ civic r18 engine without issues. It's not officially made for the 2012, but they're supposedly working ok.

Honestly, I love the new CR-Zs. It has the best interior out of all the Honda models being sold right now. The only downside is the lack of power and two seats.

Honestly, I love the new CR-Zs. It has the best interior out of all the Honda models being sold right now. The only downside is the lack of power and two seats.
Oh yea, I loved how it drove and the looks, I thought overall it was a much more fun car than my current Civic, but since I'm just starting out in college this fall, I'd like a car that I can live with for the next, half dozen years at least. And a small car with two seats doesn't really fit that necessity
And I just love my Civic now. It's my very first car, I took my driving test in it, and I've lived in it for a year now. Yea, it has three dents with one of them with a bit of paint chipped off, but those are just memories of the High School parking lot douche bags and a beach day with my girlfriend. They're not so much damage, as memories
That's not to say that I won't pay to fix them the moment I have that much disposable income

i almost got a CRZ over my '12 si... had a '10 si, then a '11 wrx, went back to the '12 si for fuel consumption and lower cost of ownership... had considered the CRZ for fuel econ, drove it, and realized it has ZERO balls above 55mph, it was absolutely terrible... but the interior was VERY nice, i loved the dash and the spacious front seting area... but the lack of rear seats was just unacceptable, as well as the awful lack of power above 55mph... i scooted around town on the test drive, it felt lively and fun in traffic... did a couple of back road jaunt and it felt great as well... then got on the highway, tried to get on via onramp and up to 70mph speed... 30-50 was quick enough for me, then it felt like the engine just "died" and "ran out of steam"... i said "nope cant do this" and bought the si haha

some users have installed the injen intake made for the 2006+ civic r18 engine without issues. It's not officially made for the 2012, but they're supposedly working ok.

do you have a link to the threads of the 8th gen injen intakes or short rams fitting on the 9th webby?

Sil3ncio has it on his car

here are some updates on my car, so let know what you guys think :brock:
1333994097305.jpg
1333993932024.jpg
1333994172390.jpg
2012-04-08_19-34-10_960.jpg
2012-03-13_15-34-53_647.jpg

Back