USB and Pandora not working

civicsurfer

First, I have a '13 Si w/o navigation. When I plug my iPhone into the USB cord the Pandora symbol comes up on the cars screen and the 'wire' image appears on my phone. Whatever station I was last listening too starts playing but does not tell me what song/artist etc. It also does not let me change anything or toggle with anything unless I unplug my phone, change it and plug it back in. I've searched to see if other people have this problem and can not find anything. Is there something stupid I'm missing? Some simple setting? I'm normally pretty tech savvy so this is actually quite bothersome at this point. Will be grateful for any help.

Thank you

@webby no, i'm not from canada i'm from new jersey. the only reasonable way i get pandora to work is listening using bluetooth, but that drains/doesnt charge my phone after a long work day and is also supposed to be an option. so i don't know if it is something i am just missing or if there is some glitch i need to take up with the dealership i bought the car from.. i hate complaining about things like these #firstworldproblems as people say but i'm paying a pretty penny to have these so it bothers me that it is not working.

Have you tried holding Ctrl-Alt-Del... sorry I couldnt resist. From what I heard, there is an issue on the Apple Hondalink system. Like bulky said, the new iSO8 doesnt really work. :( Now if you have an android, it should work flawlessly.

Android doesn't work via USB. Only bluetooth. Iphone should work via bluetooth as well.

I have an iPhone 6 running ios8 and it works fine in the car including Pandora. I think the ios8 issues may be with the '14s.

I had an Android phone for awhile and I could only stream Pandora via Bluetooth. It would not work via USB.

Last edited:
Honda didn't think this one through... So there is no difference then Bluetooth audio regardless of pandora or phone music

Not sure, he only mentioned Pandora. Wonder if his other features work.

bluetooth works just fine. even usb works fine with everything except pandora! i would just keep using the bluetooth but then i can't charge my phone as pandora just drains it on my way to or from work everyday...

With my '12 and my wifes iphone 5 pandora will work fine for a little bit. Then it will quit responding and require me to unplug it and plug it back in. I thought they added official support for pandora in the '13 though so im not sure.

Back