USB Audio Capacity?

totally trolling on this tread from years ago lol but i have a question
I have a flash drive in my car with separate folders for each artist and formatted correctly and all that jazz. it works just fine when I'm searching through the folders but I prefer to just random all the usb and let it do it's thing. I have noticed that the car is only randoming the first half or so of the USB folders. I've seen the 255 limit repeated in this thread and elsewhere so if I took every "A" artist and put it in an "A" folder and so on would it actually pick up all my songs and random them? I right now only have a little over 100 folders but 5000 some odd songs total.
just sucks cause most of my favorite artists are later in the alphabet lol
I have no way to test this, but maybe you could try a few things. Maybe take all the files off the usb as they are organized now. Then make a copy and dump the artists into a-z folders like you said. Try it and see if that works. If not, you could always reload the original artist folder structure you had.

I have no way to test this, but maybe you could try a few things. Maybe take all the files off the usb as they are organized now. Then make a copy and dump the artists into a-z folders like you said. Try it and see if that works. If not, you could always reload the original artist folder structure you had.
I was going to try that if no one responded with a solution. just wish honda would lay out all the details for us ya know? :)

i was planning on doing this as well. I was looking to purchase
Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Low-Profile-Flash-SDCZ43-064G-G46/dp/B00LLEODCK/ref=pd_sim_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1BNF9F2HAN4HC7ASMXX5

Keep my music on this and it would alway be there. The only thing is, my iPhone is 64gb already and honestly though bluetooth or usb it plays just find, i'm trying to see an advantage to this however it seems like I would be buying something to do what I already do. With my iPhone and apps/photos, etc, i'm only using about 28gb.

If I were to do this, due to limit of songs, I would create folders based of off genre I guess. I don't listen to artist however more genre based music.

Also just as a quick note. When I format a thumb drive on my mac with disk utility with either FAT32, EXFAT, it will STILL ask me to format the drive in windows. It's weird. perhaps its the thumb drive. In either case, i load Windows 8 OS on my mac and format it in that Operating System and it all works. perhaps that may help some of you.

Back