USB connection for 2012 Civic not playing newly loaded songs

personofshadow

I've got a 2012 civic and I've been using the USB connection to plug in my MP3 player and play music off of that. Its worked well until recently. It doesn't seem to want to recognize newer songs that I'm putting on the player because I'll get a few new songs loaded up but they don't display when I go to play them through the car. They play fine when I'm using the MP3 player on its own and all my older songs still work fine through the car, but for some reason it seems to have trouble recognizing new stuff that I load up. The MP3 player I'm using is a Sony, I don't know any model name or anything for it. Any help would be great!

Are you putting the player on shuffle/playlist and they don't come up? Or do they not play at all?

What happens if you select the song on the player? Does the stereo play the song but nothing comes up on the Imid?

The songs don't come up at all. I'll go and scroll through the list to find them and they just don't show up on the car

Do the songs play over the stereo if you select them on the player?

Or you cannot select the song on the player itself when its connected to your car?

I think he's saying they literally don't show up on the car at all, but he can see them on the sony mp3 unit itself & play them outside the car.

Yes, what Webby is saying. I can't manually select anything on the player when its connected and the songs don't show up at all on the car.

Back