USB ERROR

R3dRumfb6

Northern Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
While on my road trip to South Carolina from VA while my phone was connected to the USB charging in the center console it stopped working it wouldn't charge or play music. It said USB error on the I-mid. I checked the connection and nothing was wrong I tried using a different wire where it worked for a bit but then got the same message. Has this happened to anyone ?

I don't know, but sounds interesting, why it would start again with a new wire?
I charge my phone using the Cig/power port, you might try that port to see if a different type of connection will make it work.
If it does, then you'll know it a connection problem and not a data/chip problem.
That's about all I can think of, I marked this thread to watch....... keep us posted.

My husband works at Honda and this is what he sent me today. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410622837.323349.jpg

Although I was using an IPhone 5s I'm wondering if this was happening because I hadn't updated my iOS Software. On my way back from SC I used the USB to just charge my phone and not play music and it did not bring the USB error message up again. I updated my phone to the latest iOS software and will be trying it again to see if I get the same error message. Will keep updated

Well thats sucky that particular products just don't work because of bugs in the code.

Nice that they think it's only the Nano. My iPod classic did this all the time.

Somebody took care of that for me by stealing the iPod. I'm almost out of Apple devices these days with a broken iPhone 4S being the only thing I have left. And that's broken.

It does it with my ipod touch 4g. It is aggravating because I will have to disconnect the cable and reconnect.

Back