Using iPhone Navigation App

Discussion in 'Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat' started by petpil, Jun 11, 2011.

1. petpil

petpil Well-Known Member

Hello,

I purchased a 2012 Honda Civic Ex 10 days ago and I love it! My only question is this...I have paired my iPhone 4 with the bluetooth in the Civic. It works fine for incoming and outgoing calls. However, I use the Navigon app on my iPhone for GPS and when linked to the bluetooth, I do not receive any vocal commands from the GPS software. Is there a way around this?

Thank You
  2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2013 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

Can I ask what app you're using to do gps? It may help, as I could see what the company says, or what honda says
  3. petpil

petpil Well-Known Member

It's called NAVIGON MobileNavigator Version 1.8.2 (North America).
  4. webby
    • Staff
    • 2013 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

so here is some info I dug up =

looking for the info on the radio now
  5. webby
    • Staff
    • 2013 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

As of the release of iPhone OS 3.0, the iPhone supports A2DP. I don't see how you would not be able to make it work. I saw someone make a comment about having the audio via car speaker vs phone for audio. Do you hear any audio prompts at all through your iphone speaker?
  6. petpil

petpil Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information...because of it, I found what I needed to do. Once the phone has connected to the bluetooth, you need to start the application before plugging it into the USB. I was plugging it into the USB prior to starting the application. Again, thanks for all of your help!
    KennyGS and webby like this.
  7. webby
    • Staff
    • 2013 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

Glad to hear it's working!
  8. wanga

wanga Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic Si
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    Hello,

Please also keep in mind, once your phone links to your car, the bluetooth profile allows for audio streaming, the iPhone will by default stream all audio over a2dp once you connect with your car, what you can do is set your source to Bluetooth, and you'll hear all the audio your phone makes including playing music etc.. the other alternative, allow the bluetooth to connect, then plug in via USB.

Best!
    Danglyzoidberg, webby and KennyGS like this.
  9. webby
    • Staff
    • 2013 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

thanks wanga
  10. jacketsodaly

jacketsodaly Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information...because of it, I found what I needed to do. Once the phone has connected to the bluetooth, you need to start the application before plugging it into the USB. I was plugging it into the USB prior to starting the application. Again, thanks for all of your help!​
    I agree with you, thanks!​

11. Richard Hughes

Richard Hughes Well-Known Member

I assume the USB is only
    for the power, right?
  12. webby
    • Staff
    • 2013 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

You can play audio over USB...or use it to charge your phone.